UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to the Operations Analyst, the Admin Clerk/ Driver shall perform duties of administrative clerk and reliable/ safe driving services to the UN Women Country Office, ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of operations, protocol and security issues. The Admin Clerk/ Driver shall also demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Reporting to the Operations Analyst, the Admin Clerk/ Driver shall provide clerical, junior administrative services as a member of the operations team and driving services to the whole UN Women team in Kazakhstan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative and logistic support
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records;
- Assist in the ordering, physical verification and distribution of promotional materials and payments of bills;
- Assist in asset verification and other administrative support;
- Assist administrative assistant and Operations analyst with completing procurement related documents (micro canvass, RFQ, RFP forms and other);
- Provide administrative and logistical support with organization of various public events, including conferences, workshops, retreats, etc.
- Receipt of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent), arrangements for shipments;
- Arrange visas and customs arrangements for UN Women staff and visitors;
- Pro-actively assist with the assessment of the team/office needs and offer solutions to the Operations Analyst and organize procurement processes upon obtaining relevant approvals;
- Maintain the database of the vendors and service providers, including potential vendors and conduct market research to keep the database up to date;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management of the CO.
2. Provide reliable and secure driving services
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of UN Women Country Representative, other high-ranking officials, visitors, UN Women programme and operations staff, and facilitate VIP missions;
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items to Government – Offices/Embassies/Commercial Establishments/ UN Offices;
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangements;
- Verify that all passengers wear seatbelts at all times in the vehicle;
- Oversee and ensure that all vehicles comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS);
- Provide onboarding training for newcomers on vehicle booking and security during travel, including air/rail road travels, mandatory DSS security clearances, etc.;
3. Proper use of vehicle
- Ensure cost-saving by driving responsibly;
- Maintain daily vehicle logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs and oversee
- that other drives do the same;
- Prepare and maintain data of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
4. Day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Ensure that all official vehicles are kept clean and is always in good working condition;
- Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs;
- Change oil, check tires, lights horn, clutch and brakes and wash car regularly;
- Ensure that vehicles comply with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
5. Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Core values / Guiding principles
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct;
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work;
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity;
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative;
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication;
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behaviour towards others;
- Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution;
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge;
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making.
- Excellent driving skills;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills;
- Skill in minor vehicle repairs;
- Ability to perform in timely manner a variety of tasks and duties related to arrangement of meetings, office and vehicle maintenance and general administration work, including procurement, market research, logistics, etc;
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard;
- Professional appearance and punctuality;
- Interest and ability to learn new things and dedication to professional development;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, pro-active approach and initiative are essential part of the job;
- Ability to act as a dedicated and loyal team player and independently whenever relevant;
- Ability to communicate effectively and be efficient and regularly follow up on the status of assigned tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.