Job Code Title: Programme Associate-Livelihood and Food Security-KP Sub office
Pre-classified Grade: SB 3 Step 2
Supervisor: HoSo KP
Duty Station: Peshawar
UN Women Pakistan is planning to initiate implementation of a Livelihood and Food Security Programme in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Merged Districts and the Flood Affected Areas of Pakistan.
The project interventions will build upon UN Women’s work for supporting national and provincial partners to end violence against women (EVAW) by local economic development interventions and access to productive assets for increasing participation in economic activity. UN Women seeks to engage Programme Associates at the provincial level, to support the Livelihood and Food Security intervention for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Merged Districts and the Flood Affected Areas of Pakistan. Under the direct supervision of the Heads of Sub Office KP and with guidance from the Programme Officer Livelihood and Food security Programme, the Programme Associates will provide support and management in execution of services in the Provincial Sub Offices, supports the design, planning and management of EVAW projects by managing data and facilitating programme implementation. The Programme Associate promotes a partner-oriented approach, consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the sub-office team, as well as the Operations Unit, and Communications Team, and other programme units in the Islamabad office to ensure smooth implementation of the project activities, budget tracking, managing information and data collection overseeing contracts/ payments for vendors and consultants, and resolving complex programme-related issues under the guidance of Head of Sub-Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provides effective support to Head of Sub-Office at the provincial level.
- Provides administrative & Logistics support to the sub-office.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the sub- office.
- Maintains regular coordination with EVAW Unit and Operations Teams in Islamabad office.
1. Provides effective support to the Head of Sub-office and programme team at the sub-office level focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Communicate and coordinate with Islamabad Office and other UN Women Provincial Offices for smooth project implementation, monitoring and reporting and expedite requests to the Country Office.
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation for the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking.
- Prepare and compile information, such as meeting notes, notes to file, and notes for record regarding project activities.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of relevant stakeholders at the provincial level including government departments, CSOs, donors and UN agencies working on VAW, Governance and Human Rights. Support communications with partners on project activities.
- Draft non-substantive correspondence.
- Support Head of Sub-Office and program team in setting up and preparing for coordination/ meetings with UN, government and other partners.
- Undertake regular analysis of the situation in programme, identification of operational and administrative problems, development of solutions.
- Provides administrative & Logistics support to the EVAW Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide administrative and logistic support to the team in the organization of events, meetings, consultations, workshops, etc.
- Create requisitions in Quantum for provincial sub-offices to make arrangements and prepare documentation for missions/ meetings/ events/ consultations.
- Make travel arrangements and liaise with the programme team and event participants, including preparation of travel authorizations, requisitions and claims with all supporting documentation.
- Maintain Mission and Leave plans for team members.
- Liaise with Operations Team internally, as well as external vendors/ service providers as needed to ensure that procurement processes are completed smoothly and efficiently.
- Create and maintain files of correspondence/ documents and electronically received information, and ensure up-to-date filing. Maintain both hard copies and electronic copies of the office records and reference files on various subjects.
- Support the supervisor in achieving the targets against project workplans.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Provincial Sub Office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identify sources and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required. Contribute to briefing materials, meeting notes, notes for file, PowerPoint presentations and other documents for the sub-office programme team and keep all papers ready for meetings.
- Support the development of the Unit’s knowledge products, including review, editing/ proofreading, translating and design for printing.
- Contribute to preparation of internal and external reports, as per requirements.
- Assist in creating requisitions and liaise with vendors for the designing and printing of programme documents, including policy briefs, reports, publications, materials for meeting/ events, IEC material, etc.
- Support the sharing and dissemination of knowledge products with UN Women team and external stakeholders and partners.
- Document lessons learnt and best practices from past experience and comparative initiatives; incorporate learnings into the ongoing work and suggest ways to improve the processes of program implementation
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Respect for Diversity
Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
Creative Problem Solving
Leading by Example
Demonstrates commitment to UN Women’s mission, vision and values.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning
Shares knowledge and experience.
Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Programme Development, Management and Monitoring
Understanding of project cycle management, including monitoring and evaluation.
Effective communication skills for partnership management
Development and Operational Effectiveness
Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Programme Management, including design, planning, implementation and reporting of programme.
Good knowledge of Results Based Management
Ability to support in reporting, for a variety of audiences/ partners.
Leadership and Self-Management
Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback.
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Remains calm and in control even under pressure
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, Gender/ Women’s Studies, Law or Development Studies.
- 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Language Requirements:
- Fluency in English and Urdu.
- Knowledge of local languages will be an asset.
Fluency in the English and Urdu is required.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/2022-07/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form-en.doc.
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. HEC Attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UN. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees. Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to (i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need. If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application. UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.) If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact the eRecruit Helpdesk.