UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Jordan Country Office supports the Government of Jordan to implement global norms and standards on gender equality and women’s empowerment; promotes women’s economic empowerment; and implements a resilience and empowerment model for Syrian refugee women and vulnerable Jordanian women. The country office is implementing a new Strategic Note for the period 2018-2022 and will prioritize coherence and inter-linkages across its projects and activities under these three pillars. This will require effective capacity development of key national stakeholders in government, civil society and the international community.
Under the direct supervision of the Operation Manager, the Human Resource (HR) Associate is responsible for administratively and logistically supporting the recruitment and placement, administration of benefits and entitlements of staff and local external contractors, other HR administration issues and separation of personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administer and implement HR strategies and policies in Jordan Country Office in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Provide general, standard information to the management and staff on HR strategies, rules and regulations;
- Identify ways in which the administrative needs can be met within existing policies; interpret processes and procedures, anticipate and manage operational requirements;
- Prepare written response to queries concerning HR related matters.
Provide HR administrative and logistical services to Jordan Country Office in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Process, draft, edit, proofread and finalize for approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; maintain files/records, monitor deadlines;
- Provide administrative coordination in the extension of contracts, processing of national benefits and allowances, and entitlements, and renewal of UNLPs and visas;
- Input and track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Facilitate responses to audit findings and recommendations;
- Assume overall responsibility for leave management; record management;
- Process payment, and administer entitlements for international staff as delegated; validate and coordinate local payroll and related issues;
- Facilitate staff separation process;
- Create/update entries of vendors, PO and Receipts in ATLAS system.
Facilitate and coordinate recruitment processes in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Draft job descriptions and vacancy announcements; assist in reviewing and processing requests for classification;
- Screen candidates and facilitate and participate in interview panels as necessary;
- Prepare recruitment recommendations/supporting documentation for the Central Review Board (CRB);
- Prepare position establishment, liaise with headquarters and assure that action is completed;
- Provide regular recruitment status reports;
- Provide advice to local recruitment in programmes/projects when necessary.
Provide administrative support to staff performance management and learning and development in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Monitor compliance with the performance appraisal review in Jordan Country Office and staff learning and development;
- Facilitate the preparation of Office learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Operation Manager.
Maintain data in relation to HR in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Maintain and update internal database and files on administrative HR matters in a confidential and secure manner;
- Generate a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases;
- Update position data in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (CoAs), update of CoA information and setting up vendors.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing globally:
- Organize training courses, workshops, information sessions, orientations and consultations for staff;
- Provide a synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR administration;
- Liaise with HR headquarters in HR administration and staffing to disseminate information on a variety of HR matters.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate HR administration;
- Timely and accurate organization of recruitments;
- Timely and accurate information provision to staff on HR administrative and benefit and entitlement issues;
- Timely administrative service delivery to Jordan Country Office;
- Up-to-date and secure databases, files and records.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong knowledge of HR administration, processes and policies;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to handle information of a confidential nature;
- Ability to provide inputs to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems;
- Good quantitative skills; ability to produce reports;
- Strong IT skills.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in office administration and/or human resource management;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management system.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Interested individuals must submit the following document to demonstrate their qualifications. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment.
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form.doc;
- Any application without submitting the above-mentioned document will be a ground for disqualification.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)