UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In Indonesia, UN Women works with government, civil society organizations (CSOs), academia, the media, the public and private sectors to address national priorities of gender equality and women’s empowerment. Placing the advancement of women’s rights at the centre of our work, UN Women Indonesia focuses on (1) Ending violence against women (2) Promoting women’s human rights (3) Women’s economic empowerment (4) Women contribute to and have greater influence in building sustainable peace.
As the specialized UN Agency on gender equality and the empowerment of women, UN Women in Indonesia is also working alongside other UN Agencies to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming are translated into UN works and programmes to achieve Sustainable Development Goals across the country. UN Women programmes in Indonesia are guided by the Strategy Note 2021-2024, that is aligned with UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) signed between the Minister of National Planning and UN system in the country. In addition to programmatic interventions, UN Women has a triple mandate of normative support, UN coordination, and operational activities.
Under the guidance of the Head of Programmes and direct supervision of the Monitoring and Reporting Analyst, the National Consultant is expected to provide technical support in strengthening UN Women’s coordination role within the UN system at the Country level.
Duties and Responsibilities
SCOPE OF WORK, SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall guidance of the Programme Management Specialist/Head of Programmes and direct supervision of the Monitoring and Reporting Analyst, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical support in strengthening UN Women’s roles as Co-chair of Gender Thematic Group (GTG) within the UN system at Country level and Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Coordination Group (GEWECG) with other development agencies and donors, including support to gender-related event preparation and gender-related capacity building.
- Provide technical support to strengthen coordination between UN Women and the Resident Coordinator Office in Indonesia to enhance the promotion towards gender equality and women’s empowerment (Gender Scorecard and Gender Equality Marker).
- Liaise and establish communications with the relevant working groups within the UN in Indonesia and other country offices to align UN Women’s Indonesia work on UN Coordination.
- Contribute to the documentation of lessons learnt and best practices related to UN Women’s roles in the UN Coordination.
- Coordinate the flow of information and communication between the different thematic areas within UN Women Indonesia.
- Support the Programme Management Specialist/Head of Programmes with any other relevant duties on coordination as may be assigned.
- Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives related to youth and advocacy;
- Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the youth and advocacy components of core and non-core programmes, including National Gender Youth Activists (NGYA):
- Provide inputs to the annual work plan and budget related to youths as required;
- Provide technical inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts, including background documents, briefs and presentations related to youth and advocacy;
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on youth and advocacy.
CONTRACT PERIOD AND WORK LOCATION
The period of this consultancy is from 1 December 2023 – 15 March 2024. The consultant will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia and/or home-based and at the UN Women Indonesia Office or other locations as required.
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of Monitoring and Reporting Analyst, UN Women Indonesia to achieve the following deliverables:
Estimated Level of Effort
Submission of report on all activities in supporting Monitoring and Reporting during 1 December 2023
31 December 2023
Submission of report on all activities in supporting Monitoring and Reporting during 1 January 2024
31 January 2024
Submission of report on all activities in supporting Monitoring and Reporting during 1 February 2024
29 February 2024
Submission of report on all activities in supporting Monitoring and Reporting during 1 March 2024
15 March 2024
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf.
- Ability to conduct research and data collection to develop background information and briefs;
- Good time management;
- Good writing skills, and able to identify target audience for written documents;
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, psychology, or a related field is required;
- Minimum 1 year of professional work experience in intergovernmental organizations, international organizations, or other non-profit/development sector;
- Experience/knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment issues,
- Experience with the UN system is an asset.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION AND EVALUATION
The application must include (as attachment) the following documents:
- Letter of Interest containing the statement on candidate’s experience in line with the scope of work and requirements.
- Updated CV.
- P11 including past experience in similar assignments; can be downloaded at https://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs.
- Financial proposal with proposed daily fee.
The evaluation will be based on the combination of the weighted technical and financial scores (80 per cent technical and 20 per cent financial). The technical evaluation includes the knowledge/experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment, experience working in international organizations/development sector. Evaluation methods include desk review and/or interview.
Annex I: Financial Proposal
BREAKDOWN OF COSTS
Breakdown of Cost by Components:
Percentage of Total Price (Weigh) for payment)
Due Date as per Terms of Reference
The lump sum costs should include administration costs and expenses (transportation, communication, costs, etc) related to the consultancy. All prices/rates quoted must be exclusive of all taxes.