UN Women grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women's rights at the centre of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States' priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
Under UN Women Indonesia’s four major programmes/portfolios, Governance and Women, Peace and Security (GWPS) is one of the main programme priorities funded by various donors to advance the WPS agenda at national, regional, and international levels, particularly around issues of conflict prevention, peace mediation and negotiation including counter terrorism and prevention of violent extremism, women in peace keeping operation among others.
UN Women Indonesia is supported by the Government of the Netherlands to achieve UN Women Strategic Note 2021-2025/ UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) Outcome 1 – “People living in Indonesia, especially those at risk of being left furthest behind, are empowered to fulfill their human development potential as members of a pluralistic, tolerant, inclusive, and just society, free of gender and all other forms of discrimination”, mainly through the deepening and expansion of the Peace Village Initiative, as well as strengthening the capacity of government institutions to design and implement gender-responsive action plans to advance social cohesion.
Against this backdrop, UN Women Indonesia’s GWPS programme is recruiting a Programme and Administrative Assistant to provide programme, administrative, and logistical assistance for the smooth programme implementation. Reporting to Programme Analyst, Women, Peace and Security, the Programme and Administrative Assistant works with and provides support to the members of the GWPS Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women's rules and regulations. The Programme and Administrative Assistant will work in close collaboration with the programme and projects staff and UN Women’s Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery. More specifically, she/he will provide administrative support to the Netherlands-funded initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of Programme Analyst, Women, Peace and Security, the Programme and Administrative Assistant will provide direct support to the Governance and WPS programme, particularly focusing on the Netherlands-funded initiative. The scope of work is listed below:
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to the GWPS programme, primarily the Netherlands-funded initiative
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds;
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Undertake logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for meetings, webinars, conferences, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims, making hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas, identity cards and other documents, collect information for DSA, as required;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated;
- Provide administrative support in the preparation documents for payment process for LTA, vendor, consultants, etc.;
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of procurement of services or goods arrangements, support the preparation for Request for Quotations, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotation, bids or proposal, their preliminary evaluation; and
- Other duties as assigned.
2. Provide financial management support to the project under the guidance of the GWPS Project Associate
- Support financial expenses monitoring of the Netherlands funding;
- Provide support to budget revisions, project awards and status revision; and
- Provide support in the preparation, review and finalization of FACE forms (working closely with retainers).
3. Provide administrative support to project documentation and knowledge management
- Organize and maintain filing system to document project files and ensure a functional record-keeping system;
- Maintain mailing lists and database of project stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team; and
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information related to the project, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
Key Deliverables and Timeline
The consultant is expected to be based in UN Women Indonesia Office in Jakarta, Indonesia,. The consultant may be required to travel outside Jakarta as assigned by the hiring unit.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
Leading by Example
Required Skills and Experience
Required Skills and Experience
Submission of Application and Evaluation
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an electronic application no later than 3 December 2023. The application must include (as attachment) the following documents:
(Please merge into one file with pdf format before uploading. Applications without financial proposal will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment)
The evaluation will based on the combination of the weighted technical and financial scores (80 per cent technical and 20 per cent financial). The technical evaluation includes the knowledge on financial and administration procedures or experience working in UN Agencies or other international organizations/development sector. Evaluation methods include desk review and/or interview.