UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In Indonesia, UN Women works with government, civil society organizations (CSOs), academia, the media, the public and private sectors to address national priorities of gender equality and women’s empowerment. Placing the advancement of women’s rights at the centre of our work, UN Women Indonesia focuses on (1) Ending violence against women (2) Promoting women’s human rights (3) Women’s economic empowerment (4) Women contribute to and have greater influence in building sustainable peace.
As the specialized UN Agency on gender equality and the empowerment of women, UN Women in Indonesia is also working alongside other UN Agencies to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming are translated into UN works and programmes to achieve Sustainable Development Goals across the country. UN Women programmes in Indonesia are guided by the Strategy Note 2021-2024, that is aligned with UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) signed between the Minister of National Planning and UN system in the country. In addition to programmatic interventions, UN Women has a triple mandate of normative support, UN coordination, and operational activities.
Under the guidance of the Head of Programmes and direct supervision of the Monitoring and Reporting Analyst, the National Consultant is expected to provide technical support in strengthening UN Women’s data, monitoring, and reporting roles with the utilization of the relevant UN Women’s monitoring and reporting mechanism.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Programme Management Specialist/Head of Programmes and direct supervision of the Monitoring and Reporting Analyst, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical support to monitoring and reporting mechanism relevant with UN Women monitoring and reporting corporate standard.
- Provide support to ensure data collection and analysis from each project presence are coordinated and standardized across programmes.
- Support Programme Team to collect and monitor data from the field and implementing partners that reflect the achievement and progress of projects implementation.
- Provide support to review progress reports submitted by implementing partners and provide feedback to improve the quality and timeliness of reporting.
- Provide substantive support in developing results-based reporting and documentation for internal and external audiences, including donors and public.
- Support the Country Office in strengthening results-based reporting mechanism, including support to implementing partners.
- Provide technical support to UN coordination reporting mechanism, including data integration in the UNINFO.
- Provide the Country Office with technical support to monitor and track the trend of resource mobilization from different donors.
- Undertake any tasks assigned by the Monitoring and Reporting Analyst.
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of Programme Management Specialist/Head of Programmes, UN Women Indonesia to achieve the following deliverables:
Estimated Level of Effort
Submission of report on all activities in supporting Monitoring and Reporting during 1 December 2023
31 December 2023
Submission of report on all activities in supporting Monitoring and Reporting during 1 January 2024
31 January 2024
Submission of report on all activities in supporting Monitoring and Reporting during 1 February 2024
29 February 2024
Submission of report on all activities in supporting Monitoring and Reporting during 1 March 2024
15 March 2024
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf.
- Ability to conduct research and data collection to develop background information and briefs;
- Good time management;
- Good writing skills, and able to identify target audience for written documents;
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Monitoring and Evaluation, Gender and development studies, international affairs is required. A certificate in monitoring, evaluation and reporting would be an advantage;
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience in intergovernmental organizations, international organizations, or other non-profit/development sector;
- Experience/knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment issues,
- Experience with the UN system is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting desk research, data collection, and drafting briefs/report, and result-based management.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- UBMISSION OF APPLICATION AND EVALUATION
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 26 November 2023. The application must include (as attachment) the following documents:
- Letter of Interest containing the statement on candidate’s experience in line with the scope of work and requirements.
- Updated CV.
- P11 including past experience in similar assignments; can be downloaded at https://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs.
- Financial proposal with proposed daily fee.
The evaluation will be based on the combination of the weighted technical and financial scores (80 per cent technical and 20 per cent financial). The technical evaluation includes the knowledge/experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment, experience working in international organizations/development sector. Evaluation methods include desk review and/or interview.
Annex I: Financial Proposal
BREAKDOWN OF COSTS
|Deliverables||Percentage of Total Price (Weigh) for payment)||Fixed price||Due Date as per Terms of Reference|
The lump sum costs should include administration costs and expenses (transportation, communication, costs, etc) related to the consultancy. All prices/rates quoted must be exclusive of all taxes.