Note: This is a Re-Advertisement. Applications received against this position in the recent past will not be considered.
UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts.
UN Women’s India Country Office, based in New Delhi, India, works to accelerate the advancement of gender equality and the empowerment of women through the strengthening of strategic partnerships, technical and policy advisory services and advocacy with governmental, inter-governmental and civil society partners. In addition, UN Women India CO is charged with leading and coordinating the UN system’s work on gender equality, including through ensuring accountability for results.
Under the overall guidance and direction of the Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Specialist, the Programme Assistant exercises overall responsibility for supporting smooth management of the project, including implementation of the administrative unit work related to projects under Partnerships and Resource Mobilization team. The Programme Assistant will work in close collaboration with the team as well as the operations team at UN WOMEN.
Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Management Support:
- Provide program and administrative support to the Partnerships, Resource Mobilization and Communications teams in the preparation and regular updating of various program documents, such as work plans, budgets, and reports on program implementation arrangements.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare presentations for the program.
- Identify sources, gather, and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Assist in reviewing and preparing documentation related to procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking.
- Support the team in providing guidance on routine program implementation and tracking use of financial resources.
Financial Management Support:
- Use QUANTUM to prepare required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilised funds, and operational and financial closure of the program.
- Create requisitions in QUANTUM for receipt of goods and services, including making budget checks for requisitions, POs, and vouchers.
- Support the team in the financial management and monitoring of the program.
- Organize, compile, and process information from donors and the team, and keep track of the information through databases and e-filing.
- Support the team in tracking and reporting on mobilised resources.
Administrative Support to Partnership and Communications Team:
- Provide administrative support to the team in the organization of events, meetings, and workshops.
- Make travel arrangements for team members, including preparation of travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft non-substantive correspondence.
- Maintain organized hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval, including for audit preparations. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Create and maintain files of correspondence/documents and electronically received information, and ensure up-to-date filing. Maintain both hardcopies and electronic copies of the office records and reference files on various subjects.
- Prepare presentation materials/slides in PowerPoint for meetings and workshops and keep all papers ready for meetings.
Supports Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing:
- Participate in trainings for the operations/projects staff on program-related matters.
- Stay up to date with the latest systems, tools, processes, and guidelines from UN Women and relevant partners to efficiently deliver program-related tasks.
- Support strong collaboration and cooperation between the Partnership and Communications team, India CO, UN Women Regional Office, and partners outside of UN Women.
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate administrative and logistical support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for CO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems and files;
- Quality and timely support to programme team.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of the program team, including logistical support.
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration, and implementation of new data management systems.
- Ability to create, edit, and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work, also under time constraints.
- Ability to establish, build, and sustain effective relationships with clients, demonstrating understanding of client's perspective; anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly.
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence, and reports information and workflow.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- A university degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration or a related field is an asset.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience with administrative tasks.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages. Experience in working with QUANTUM is an advantage.
- Work experience in administrative support of development program/project is an advantage.
- Work experience supporting budgetary processes and financial tracking is an advantage.
- Previous experience working in the UN system is an asset.
- Proficiency in English;
- Good command over Hindi in reading and writing.
Interested applicants should apply to this announcement through UNDP jobs site: jobs.undp.org
Application Information: Interested applicants should apply to this announcement through UNDP jobs site: jobs.undp.org
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
- UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
- At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits employ, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity, and organizational need.
- If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
- UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.