UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In Ukraine, UN Women is committed to delivering results across strategic priorities, exercising its triple mandate encompassing normative support, UN system coordination, and operational activities to mobilize urgent and sustained action to achieve gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls. UN Women has long been actively supporting local priority areas in Ukraine from increased political participation to gender mainstreaming in public policy, and economic development.
Since the start of the Russian full-scale military invasion, Ukraine has rapidly emerged as one of the world’s most complex emergencies. Women are disproportionally affected by the multi-sectoral and compounded impact of the crisis. Women constitute the majority of those displaced within and outside of the country, and they face significantly increased safety and protection risks. Incidents of gender-based violence (GBV), particularly domestic violence and conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV), including trafficking in persons for sexual purposes have drastically increased. There have been reports of war crimes perpetrated against civilians, including the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war.
Reporting to Programme Specialist, the Programme Analyst provides programme support to the effective management of UN Women programmes in the CO by contributing to programme design, formulation, implementation, and evaluation. The Programme Analyst supports the delivery of UN Women programmes by analyzing results achieved during implementation and supporting appropriate application of systems and procedures. The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors, and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under the project “Transformative Approaches to Gender Equality in Ukraine”.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Gender Responsive Budgeting
- Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives related to Gender Responsive Budgeting
Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the Gender Responsive Budgeting initiatives
- Provide inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities;
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners
- Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of programme activities with partners;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Monitor progress on programme activity, results and indicators;
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners;
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs and outcomes.
Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the programme
- Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required;
- Provide inputs to financial reports;
- Oversee the work of Programme Associates and Assistants as needed.
Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination on Gender Responsive Budgeting to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in Ukraine
- Provide technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs.
Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to programme;
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on the relevant programme.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of thematic area
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
UN Women Personal History Form (P11) must be completed and attached as part of the online application - https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.unwomen.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2FHeadquarters%2FAttachments%2FSections%2FAbout%2520Us%2FEmployment%2FUN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form.doc&wdOrigin=BROWSELINK
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check).