UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Jordan Country Office supports the Government of Jordan to implement global norms and standards on gender equality and women’s empowerment; promotes women’s economic empowerment; and implements a resilience and empowerment model for Syrian refugee women and vulnerable Jordanian women. The country office is implementing a new Strategic Note for the period 2023 – 2027.
Reporting to Operations Manager, the Administrative Associate supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
01-Provide general administration and operations support to the Jordan Country Office in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Organize shipments, customs clearance arrangements, and prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas and Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), identity cards, and other documents;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, and retreats;
- Provide administrative support to the maintenance of premises and common services, as needed;
- Maintain the filing system ensuring the safekeeping of confidential materials, as necessary.
- Manage the drivers and transportation schedule.
- Track and log the use of fuel.
- Process all protocol requests.
02-Coordinate and organize assets management and procurement processes
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution;
- Inspect and verify all incoming assets (equipment, furniture, and inventory), and schedule deliveries to users;
- Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Create supplier profiles in Quantum
- Maintain inventory records;
- Provide administrative support to the annual physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property;
- Prepare Purchase Orders; process invoices related to office building services (utilities and contractors);
- Coordinate with building management on all aspects of office maintenance and maintain a log of work performed;
- Serve as the focal point for facilities management and oversee the services provided by service contractors on cleaning and maintenance of office space
- Process micro-purchase procurement requests as necessary.
- Act as the office Local Procurement Review Committee Secretary.
03- Provide administrative support to the organizing of the CO’s meetings and panels
- Prepare presentation materials;
- Arrange the logistics of the CO’s meetings, including booking conference rooms, arranging catering, and facilitating building access for meeting participants;
- Finalize memoranda, list of participants; and send letters of invitation and other documents;
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes, and monitor follow up activities, as requested.
04- Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support in the organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters;
- Compile lessons learnt and best practices in administration, procurement, and human resources.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of a confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web-based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is required;
- Experience in the use of a modern web-based ERP System, preferably Oracle Cloud, is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required
- Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable
Interested individuals must submit the following document to demonstrate their qualifications. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment.
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form.doc;
- Any application without submitting the above-mentioned document will be a ground for disqualification.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)