UNDP is the UN Development Programme and works in some 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. UNDP helps countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results. In 2017, UNDP is continuing to work to support the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as they help shape global sustainable development for the next 15 years.
The UNDP JPOSC/TAPP is an end-to-end human resource service centre. It administers several young talent programmes, including the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Programme whose overall goal is to provide young professionals the opportunity to gain experience in the field of international development cooperation, and as such to build capacities for the global development sector, while providing UNDP and other UN organizations with young talent with promising professional development.
Under the authority of the TAPP/JPOSC Manager and the supervision of the above-mentioned staff member, the intern will contribute to the development and the maintenance of client-oriented services and ensure that the JPOSC follows a model of excellence.
TRAINING COMPONENTS AND LEARNING ELEMENTS
As a full member of the TAPP/ JPOSC team, the intern will:
- Participate in in-house training opportunities as applicable
- Learn the structure, mechanisms, policies, and practice areas of UNDP
- Participate in dedicated trainings and UNDP online learning tools
- Strengthen his/her effective writing and visual communication skills
- Participate in working groups
EXPECTED STARTING DATE
The selected candidate is expected to start his/her internship at UNDP in UN City, Copenhagen on March 7th, 2023, but flexibility to have a two-day remote/in-house training would be appreciated.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Graphic Design (90%)
- Create and apply consistently UNDP’s employer branding guidelines to all internal and external communications assets and knowledge products, such as Social Media posts and stories, newsletters, posters, brochures, presentations, one-pagers, infographics, motion graphics, and videos
- Ad-hoc graphics for team presentations, outreach, and projects
- Create digital assets (infographic, photo, video, motion graphics) for UNDP’s Career Website, TAPP/JPOSC web, and Social Media channels
- Provide support in big data presentation through visual tools
- Help develop written and audio-visual material for the JPOSC website and other promotional activities
- Assist in managing our Social Media platforms, targeting the various stakeholders to the TAPP/ JPO Programme (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Assist in advertising of JPO, SDP, and related Young Talent UNDP vacancies through our Social Media channels
- Research relevant content and stories to post on TAPP / JPOSC’s Social Media platforms, and keep track of the key performance indicators (KPIs) for each network
Outreach and Data
- Support the design of the quarterly bulletin reporting on TAPP / JPOSC news and key statistics in a visual format
- Assist in updating the JPO and SDP Database (Microsoft Excel)
- Provide support in data analysis and statistics (Excel)
Other (10% )
- Conduct research for various best practices depending on projects at hand
- Provide support to any ad hoc activities related to the JPO Programme
- Provide support to organisational activities within the team
- Provide support when needed with the online onboarding process of the JPOs.
Communication: Ability to summarize a large amount of information and translate it into a visually compelling product for a social media audience.
Interest and motivation in working in an international organization.
Good analytical skills.
Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities.
Required Skills and Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- Currently in the final year of a bachelor’s degree; or
- Currently enrolled in a master’s degree; or
- Have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies.
Field of study: Graphic Design, Digital Media, Digital Arts, Advertising and Marketing Journalism or related field.
- Prior experience working in social media is an asset.
- IT skills: Very good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite. Working knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects are essential requirements. Basic knowledge of HTML is highly desirable and basic knowledge CSS will be a plus.
- Language skills: Fluency in English is required. Good working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an asset.
The following documents should be included with your application:
- Your CV
- A motiovational letter