Job Title: Human Resource Associate
Department: Human Resources CO
Reports to (Title/Level): Sr. Human Resources Associate
Current Grade: SB 3/2
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall supervision of the Representative and direct supervision of Human Resources Associate, the Human Resources Associate supports the Office Human Resources by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The HR Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the programme and projects staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide general human resources support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Provide administrative coordination in the extension of contracts, processing of national benefits and allowances,
- and entitlements, and renewal of UNLPs;
- Input and track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities,
- recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Assume overall responsibility for leave management; record management;
- Process payment of consultants, 3rd party contract holders, performance bonus of SC holders
- Facilitate staff separation process;
- Create/update entries of vendors and PO in ATLAS system.
- Facilitate induction of new hires
- Follow-up on completion of Performance management documents
- Maintain staffing lists and reports, as required;
- Maintain attendance register of office and compile quarterly mission and leave plans of staff.
2. Facilitate and coordinate recruitment processes in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Draft job descriptions and vacancy announcements; assist in reviewing and processing requests for classification;
- Screen candidates and facilitate and participate in interview panels as necessary;
- Prepare recruitment recommendations/supporting documentation for the Central Review Board (CRB);
- Prepare position establishment, liaise with headquarters and assure that action is completed;
- Provide regular recruitment status reports;
- Provide advice to local recruitment in programmes/projects when necessary.
3. Maintain data in relation to HR in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Maintain and update internal database and files on administrative HR matters in a confidential and secure manner;
- Generate a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases;
- Update position data in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (CoAs), update of CoA information and setting up vendors.
- Maintain e-filing on sharepoint.
4. Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Facilitate trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration.
· Respect for Diversity
· Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
· Creative Problem Solving
· Effective Communication
· Inclusive Collaboration
· Stakeholder Engagement
· Leading by Example
· Strong knowledge of HR administration, processes and policies;
· Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
· Ability to handle information of a confidential nature;
· Ability to provide inputs to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems;
· Good quantitative skills; ability to produce reports;
· Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in office administration and/or human resource management;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). and experience in handling of web based management system
- Experience in the use of Quantum is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/2022-07/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form-en.doc.
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. HEC Attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UN. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees. Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to (i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need. If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application. UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.) If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact the eRecruit Helpdesk.