UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Regional Office for the Europe and Central Asia (ECA) region was established in Istanbul, Turkey, at the beginning of 2014 as a part of the UN Women’s new regional architecture. Much progress has been made since the establishment, but at the same time, the Regional Office faces high expectations and demands from partners at both regional and country levels as well as from UN Women Field Offices. To this end, UN Women ECA Regional Office (RO) would like to bring on board an ICT Consultant to provide substantive support to regional operations and initiatives, particularly in relation to UN Women’s work on issues related to the normative work of the Regional Office. Sustainable Development Goals: 5. Gender Equality
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of Operations Manager and daily reporting/oversight of the ECARO ICT Specialist, the consultant will be responsible for supporting on the following tasks:
1. Support the ECARO in the implementation of new technologies in accordance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Provide support to ECA region relating to ICT or InfoSec issues and problems
- Provide timely and technically viable solutions for efficient ICT functionality
2. Support in the scheduling, participation and follow up of all ICT meetings involving ECARO
- Setup and host critical ECARO video conference meeting
- Train and support ECARO users about Video conference meeting
- Administer regular weekly meetings for ICT Team in ECARO
3. Ensure effective functioning of the RO hardware and software
- Review hardware/software used in office and identify upgrades required to:
- Develop plan to upgrade hardware/software systems with schedule and initiate implementation.
- As required also provide technical guidance on procurement of ICT equipment and support in the overall procurement process.
- Provide support for ICT asset management.
- Install the official HQ OS on all devices and ensure they are synced to the organization cloud
- Provide support with finding the needed software and manage the installing
4. Ensure efficient networks administration
- Review network utility procedures, defining network users and security attributes.
- Develop plan to coordinate and centralize all online business processes online whist ensuring all security processes are in place, Cloud and web-based systems are implemented, and training is provided as required for ECARO.
- Develop 2024 plan to upgrade networks and online functioning of business processes using existing UN Women applications with schedule and initiate implementation.
- Coordinate with HQ and partners to support network services.
- Develop short videos and other training materials for staff about ECARO ICT Applications such as (GST, DocuSign etc. ).
- Present Induction training new ECARO Staff about ECARO ICT Services.
- Ensure consolidation of all ICT training materials in SharePoint
5. Monitor the InfoSec Compliance of ECA RO and ECA Country offices
- Provide support for ECA RO and country offices in the region to guarantee HQ InfoSec compliance rate is above the threshold of minimum-security requirements.
- The consultant will at any time provide support in any ICT related areas to ECARO and the region as requested by the ECARO Operations Manager.
- The consultant will also be in regular communication on all related activities with the ECARO HQ ICT Specialist.
Duration of this assignment is proposed for 6 Months as per the above dates.
The Consultant is expected to invest 20 working days per month for this Assignment. The following table summarizes main activities and expected deliverables against deadlines and indicative working days to be invested by the Consultant.
Amount of payment
Monthly review and as required update of Workplan
Summary report of tasks performed under expected duties and responsibilities
On a monthly basis, by 25th of every month
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good team player
- Being able to work under strict deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of computer networks, LAN devices (Switch, Wi-Fi, etc.) Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of Corporate ICT security (Firewall, IPS, VPN, Electronic Signature etc.) and malware protection systems.
- Excellent PC hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning Software, SharePoint services;
- Excellent knowledge of video conferencing Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, etc.) and telecommunication (Satellite phone etc.).
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems.
- Ability to provide advice and guidance.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities.
- Knowledge of UN Women ICT functions and applications considered an asset.
- Knowledge of UN Women network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities.
- Basis to advance knowledge in MS Azure
- Certification in Networking such as Cisco or other required.
- Experience as Network support engineer required.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Python, SQL considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of graphics packages (Photoshop/Affinity) considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Power BI considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of MS PowerApps considered an advantage.
Language and other skills:
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required;
The following documents should be submitted as part of the application:
- Cover letter to include a brief overview about which of your previous experiences makes you the most suitable candidate for the advertised position.
- P11 (and CV) including past experience in similar assignments; can be downloaded at http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment, a signed copy should be submitted with the application.
- Financial Proposal Specifying a total lump sum and daily rate amount for the tasks specified in this Terms of Reference).
- The position is expected to be based in Istanbul.
Candidates should have the ability to quickly produce degree certificates and medical certification (of good health) should they be short-listed in consideration of the consultancy post.
Work plan will be set at beginning of the contract with clear scheduled monthly
milestones/deliverables. This work plan will be agreed between the consultant and the ECARO supervisor.
Monthly payments will be made based on the supervisor reviewing and confirming/signing off that the consultant has met the required deliverables set in this work plan. This will also be accompanied by a time sheet submitted by the consultant to the supervisor.
Evaluation of applicants
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal. Contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) Responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Financial Evaluation (30%) – max. 30 points:
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion. A suggested formula is as follows:
p = 30 (µ/z)
Using the following values:
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
µ = price of the lowest priced proposal
z = price of the proposal being evaluated
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)