Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager and Head of UN Women sub office in Osh, the Administrative/Finance Assistant provides administrative/finance services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Administrative/Finance Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative/Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations and Programme Units in the CO and project personnel to ensure consistent service delivery.
The functions/duties/ key results of this job description are generic and not all duties are carried out by all Administrative/Finance Assistants.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Provision of accounting, administrative, procurement, HR and logistical support
- Provision of support to office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative, procurement and HR activities with UN WOMEN rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN WOMEN rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Provision of inputs to preparation of work plans.
2. Provides administrative, finance, procurement, HR and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Interpretation and implementation of procedures and rules related to administrative, procurement, financial and personnel matters and ensure their compliance.
- Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats, study tours, etc.
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations.
- Provision of all necessary support in organization of the above, as well as report to submission to UN WOMEN office.
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN WOMEN rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Timely preparation and updating of procurement plans for the Programme.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
- Preparation of requests with all supporting documents for issuance of Purchase orders, contracts, subcontracts and other documents related to procurement of goods and services.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas, registration of goods receipt in Atlas, budget check for requisitions.
- Serving as a focal point in procurement processing for the Programme/Project
- Undertaking joint procurement activities under combined Purchase Orders for stationery, computer hardware, photocopiers; joint contracts for computer maintenance, air-conditioning maintenance, shipping services, etc.
- Certifying availability of funds and ensuring that the activities are in line with the approved work plan and budget levels.
- Monitoring regularly the Programme budget, provision of timely advice to the Programme Coordinator on fund limitations and obtaining approval of budget revision(s) from UN WOMEN.
- Provision of information for reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures and potential funding problems.
- Assistance in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for the Programme/Project; payment execution and monitoring payment status.
- Preparation of budget revisions per established rules.
- Ensuring the accurate book-keeping of advance funds received and preparation of reports, where relevant.
- Processing of financial documentation (vouchers, supporting documents, etc.) and maintaining internal expenditures control system by ensuring that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, monthly payment orders (MPOs) and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Maintenance of Petty Cash
- Preparation and handling the routine correspondence related to general administration, procurement, financial and personnel matters; faxes; memoranda and reports in accordance with UN WOMEN rules and procedures.
- Maintenance of files related to personnel, finance, procurement, administrative, logistical, programme/project matters.
- Checking vehicle logs and preparation of the draft vehicle history reports and maintenance plans.
- Assistance to the Audit and prepare necessary documents
- Performance of other duties as and when required
- Ensure timely extension of personnel contracts.
3. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring the Inventory Records, maintain the records and files on assets management, distribute the stationery to personnel and provide advice on procurement of goods to avoid unnecessary purchase.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
4. Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration, procurement, finance and HR.
- Briefing personnel on general administrative, financial and personnel matters.
Core Values / Guiding Principles:
- Integrity: Demonstrating consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing diversity: Demonstrating an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrating an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Promoting Ethics and Integrity / Creating Organizational Precedents.
- Organizational Awareness: Building support and political acumen.
- Developing and Empowering People / Coaching and Mentoring: Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation.
- Working in Teams: Building and promoting effective teams.
- Communicating Information and Ideas: Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication.
- Self-management and Emotional intelligence: Creating an emotionally intelligent organization.
- Conflict Management / Negotiating and Resolving Disagreements: Leveraging conflict in the interests of the organization & setting standards.
- Knowledge Sharing / Continuous Learning: Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking.
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported.
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems.
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work.
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of Atlas desirable.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience
Fluency in English and Russian. Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from
https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form.doc Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment.
Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
Applications without the completed P-11 form are incomplete and will NOT be considered for further assessment!