UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In line with fulfilling UN WOMEN's strategic objectives, UN WOMEN Egypt Country Office focuses on three areas of immediate concern: Strengthening women's participation in governance and leadership, eradication of violence against women, women's economic security and rights.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Procurement in Headquarters and Regional Procurement Specialist and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Procurement Analyst ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Procurement Analyst promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach and support: (i) compliance with UN Women policies and regulations; (ii) effective systems to support programme delivery and growth; (iii) accountability to organizational values and principles; and (iv) an enabling workplace environment in which staff potential is maximized.
The Procurement Analyst works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in UN Women Country Office and Projects. She/he also works in collaboration with operations staff in other UN Agencies, UN Women Country Offices (CO), UN Women Regional Office (RO) and HQ staff and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to the administration and implementation of the procurement strategies across Egypt Country Office in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations, policies, and strategies
- Provide support to the implementation of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Provide input in elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with office management.
- Provide researched information for formulation and implementation of strategic procurement in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation & quality management.
Support the coordination of the procurement processes for Egypt Country Office:
- Provide technical input in preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Provide support to the coordination and organization of competitive and complex procurement processes for the CO including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UN Women rules and regulations.
- Provide support in preparation and issuance of the CO’s long-term agreements (LTAs) for goods and services.
- Prepare Purchase orders and contracts, and recurring Purchase orders for contracting of goods and services.
- Monitor procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, and provide support as “Procurement Case Manager” in Quantum.
- Review procurement processes conducted by CO and Projects before submissions to the Procurement Review Committee (PRC).
- Provide support to implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched according to rules and regulations.
- Provide input of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
- Contribute to joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies as part of UN Procurement sub-group.
Provide technical support to the implementation of sourcing strategy and preparation of the Institutional and Professional Contracts:
- Support the development and regularly update of the rosters of suppliers, and support the implementation of suppliers’ selection and evaluation criteria.
- Monitor verification and control of all the supporting documents in respect of all types of contracts for the CO.
- Support the the preparation, clearance and issuance of the Institutional and Professional Contracts, in due time.
Provide Administrative and Procurement Support to the Country Office’s Programme Team and Implementing Partners (IPs):
- Provide Administrative and Procurement Support in the preparation of programme work plans and budgets, as well as the programme implementation arrangements.
- Provide capacity building and trainings on Procurement processes to the Implementing Partners (IPs), as support to program implementation.
- Gather and compile updated data and information for the procurement policies and guidelines, and dissemination to programme team and IPs as required.
- Support the Programme team in procurement data tracking and reporting.
Contribute to the facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO:
- Organize trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in Procurement.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
- Knowledge of supplier management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations.
- Knowledge of purchase-to-pay cycles, concepts, principles and policies and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations.
- Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations.
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks and organize action around mitigating them.
- Ability to perform admin and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification
- A master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Law or a related field, is required.
- A First Level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Professional Certification in Procurement (e.g. CIPS) is an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in procurement at the national or international level, is required.
- Prior experience with UN agencies or other international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.) is required.
- Experience in the use of multiple office software packages including web-based management systems and ERP systems, preferably Oracle is required
- Fluency (written & spoken) in English and Arabic is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Application: Incomplete submission can be a ground for disqualification.
Interested Individual Candidate must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- ((ESSENTIAL)) All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11). UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment; make sure that you sign the form, and
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment, and
- A cover letter with a brief presentation explaining your suitability for the vacancy;
The above-mentioned documents MUST BE merged in a standalone file including all them, since the online application submission does only permit to uploading one file per application.
You can merge your documents by using Online resources.
Incomplete submission can be a ground for disqualification. Make sure that you provide a valid email address for future communications.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)