UNDP has been working in India since 1951 in almost all areas of human development. Together with the Government of India and development partners, we have worked towards eradicating poverty, reducing inequalities, strengthening local governance, enhancing community resilience, protecting the environment, supporting policy initiatives and institutional reforms, and accelerating sustainable development for all. With projects and programmes in every state and union territory in India, UNDP works with national and subnational government, and diverse development actors to deliver people-centric results, particularly for the most vulnerable and marginalized communities. As the integrator for collective action on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) within the UN system, we are committed to supporting the Government of India’s national development vision and priorities and accelerating the achievement of the SDGs for the people and the planet. UNDP India’s new Country Programme (2023-2027) builds on our prior work and aims to provide an integrated approach to development solutions in three strategic portfolios: ? Strong, accountable and evidence-led institutions for accelerated achievement of the SDGs. ? Enhanced economic opportunities and social protection to reduce inequality, with a focus on the marginalized. ? Climate-smart solutions, sustainable ecosystems and resilient development for reduced vulnerability. South-South cooperation, gender equality and social inclusion are promoted across the pillars. The programme is supported by a framework of renewed partnerships and blended finance solutions, strategic innovation and accelerator labs, and data and digital architecture. You are invited to join a team of future-smart development professionals to support India in achieving the national and globally agreed goals. As part of the UNDP team, your focus will be to work with diverse stakeholders to find country-specific solutions that lead to sustainable development and reach those furthest behind first. UNDP has begun ideating and incubating several strategic initiatives aimed at ensuring UNDP as ‘fit for purpose’ to deliver a new generation of solutions in line with the challenges the world faces. One such key strategic initiative is the Accelerator Lab Network. UNDP is building the largest and fastest learning global network of Accelerator Labs (91 labs serving 115 countries) embedded within UNDP’s global presence. The new offering builds on the latest thinking from the fields of complexity science, lead user innovation and collective intelligence to accelerate development impact. Read the latest Annual Report of the Global Network here UNDP Accelerator Lab India seeks to contract an intern to assist the team in collating research and executing social entrepreneurship programs. The tasks will include planning and coordinating with different stakeholders and ensuring end-to-end communication and outreach activities (designing social media collateral as well as producing and editing videos from scratch). In addition to this, the intern will support the team in documenting the campaigns and experiments that it does, along with other communication needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will work under the overall guidance of the UNDP Accelerator Lab team to carry out the following tasks:
? Support the team in researching and documenting the results of experiments and social entrepreneurship programs.
? Provide planning and coordination support for upcoming social entrepreneurship related events. ? Planning and coordinating with different stakeholders and partners to capture their inputs in the form of communication products.
? Create engaging social media content, including graphics, Gifs, videos, stories, etc.
? Generate videos and testimonials from the work on-ground as well as other campaigns.
? Write short scripts for videos and testimonials for events and campaigns.
? Work with the team to ideate and design communication collaterals.
? Act as liaison officer between the Central communications team and the Accelerator lab team to monitor the overall comms activities (social media calendar planning etc.)
? Any other task as advised by the team.
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Is willing to learn from others and take initiative;
- Proactively works on tasks and delivers under given timelines.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a) Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
c) Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
d) Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
e) Candidates with background in Journalism, English Literature and Public Relations will be preferred.
- Has sound knowledge of Microsoft office (Office 365, SharePoint Online)
- Ability to produce high quality documents with quick turnaround time.
- Good team player and ability to adapt to change in work environment
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and adjust accordingly as new priorities arise.
Fluency in English and understanding of Hindi is desirable.
The application should contain:
The completed “Application Form” including names of 3 referees.
Current and completed CV in English; Candidates who are selected must submit the following documents, upon selection:
- Official letter from the University confirming enrolment in their undergraduate or graduate-level degree programme.
- Proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out. Selected intern must have medical and life insurance. Kindly note, UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months.
Working arrangements: Interns are provided stipend according to UNDP Internship Policy, if it is not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government foundation or scholarship programme. A stipend intended to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, such as meals and transportation at the duty station. The stipend will be paid monthly and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of the internship. UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship. Interns must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan.
Interns are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for education programmes.
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed. Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship.
- Interns are non-staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
- The purpose of the internship is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- The intern will be evaluated at the end of the internship.
IMPORTANT: Family relationships are required to be disclosed in order to avoid real or perceived family influence or conflict of interest, within UNDP. If the candidate/ hiring manager has not disclosedthat he/she was related to an individual employed by UNDP in whatever contractual modality and irrespective of the nature of the family relationship, this may constitute a basis for withdrawing the offer of internship or, if the internship has started, to terminate it without notice or indemnity.