UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Nepal’s Strategic Note (SN) for the period 2023-27 lays out the agency’s unique role and comparative advantage in supporting national stakeholders in advancing gender equality and the empowerment of women in line with internationally agreed normative standards. The SN is aligned with and contributes to Nepal’s national priorities as described in Nepal’s Fifteen Plan, its gender equality commitments, the needs of women’s organisations and the UNSDCF 2023-27 with a commitment of leaving no one behind.
Reporting to the Country Representative, the Monitoring and Reporting Analyst will provide support to the NCO colleagues in incorporating monitoring and reporting into programme formulation as well tracking against Strategic Plan targets and the reporting of results to internal and external audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and substantively contribute to the incorporation of monitoring and reporting into programme formulation
- Facilitate and substantively contribute to the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes;
- Include inputs from relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations into programme formulation;
- Contribute to annual work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting;
- Provide technical support to partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, and Baseline Surveys;
- Facilitate the clearance of donor agreements and Programme Cooperation Agreements with NCO
- Contribute substantively to the monitoring and tracking of results against country/ regional level targets and UN Women Strategic Plan
- Coordinate with Programme Team to ensure that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across programmes;
- Monitor data from partners/countries on a quarterly basis and provide substantive inputs to regular management briefs to inform decision making;
- Visit partners, along with the Programme Team, to support monitoring of results and planning processes as required;
- Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements;
- Lead updating the project monitoring framework of the SN and each donor of the NCO
- Draft and monitor the NCO Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan.
- Facilitate the reporting of results to internal (Senior Management) and external (Executive Board, Donors) audiences
- Facilitate the process of the NCO meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
- Identify relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations.
- Provide technical support to the NCO in the implementation of the UN Women Evaluation Policy
- Coordinate the implementation of UN Women’s Evaluation plan in the NCO;
- Provide guidance to programme staff on evaluations;
- Ensure communication between the NCO and UN Women’s Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (RoAP) regarding Evaluations;
- Coordinate the completion of management’s response to the UN Women Global Accountability and Tracking of Evaluation Use (GATE).
- Provide technical support to the NCO on the collection gender statistics information and policy.
- Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives related to gender statistics.
- Provide technical support to implementation and monitoring of the gender statistics related activities/initiatives.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders including the National Statistics Office and other development actors for implementation of gender statistics related initiatives, as required.
- Provide inputs to national level surveys and assessments carried out by the government from gender equality and social inclusion lens.
- Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge, as identified through programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities;
- Contribute to the development of capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
- Facilitate capacity building opportunities for staff and partners in the country in the areas of Results Based Management (RBM), Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of programme formulation and implementation and Results Based Management
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Knowledge of UN programme management system
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
Application Procedure (Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the complete documents will not be considered for further assessment). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Motivation letter
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11), which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment/application-process
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and sexual harassment (SH). Everyone is responsible for preventing sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), and all UN personnel must adhere to the standards of conduct that preserve PSEA principles (both during work hours and outside work hours). All selected candidates will, therefore, go through a safe hiring process.
UN Women retain the right to contract referees directly. UN Women is committed to achieving workforce diversity (in term of gender, nationality, minority groups, caste/ethnic groups, Person with Disability etc.) and have a policy to have a gender balance among staff at all levels. Qualified female candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Request for Disability-related Reasonable Accommodations:
It is important for UN Women to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to be recruited and to perform essential job functions. Should you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and recruitment process, please direct your request and inquiries to email@example.com. A member of the HR team responsible for reasonable accommodation will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This email will only be used for any disability-related accessibility requests and not for sending the application itself.
All applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality.