- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Security Associate (only the nationals of Belarus are eligible to apply)
|Location :||Minsk, BELARUS|
|Application Deadline :||27-Jan-10 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||GS-6|
|Languages Required :||English Russian|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year, extendable|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the overall guidance of the Designated Official (DO) and immediate supervision of the Operations Manager, the Security Associate performs as the Country Security Focal Point (CSFP) ensuring implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for UN personnel in the country.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
1. Assists in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country:
2. Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating staff lists:
3. Assists in monitoring compliance with Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) established for the duty station. Also assists with the compilation of data required for the MOSS Self-Assessment Programme.
4. Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN staff, offices and assets, and assists in the preparation of security reports, such as the Security Incident Report, the Security Assessments and the Quarterly Incident Report.
5. Provides support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness, and providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members. Conducts security briefings, as required.
6. Provides general administrative assistance relating to security matters:
7. Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the CSA/SA/FSCO:
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary education. University Degree desirable, but it is not a requirement.
5-7 years experience in security, preferably in the military or police context or related field of work. Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable.
Fluency in English and Russian
Other Skills and Requirements:
This is a locally recruited position
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest.
No telephone inquires will be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
All interested candidates should complete the UN PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P11) at the following link:
http://un.by/pdf/P11form-6957.doc and attach it to the on-line application
Information on conditions of UNDP contracts is contained at the link: