- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
Regional PresenceMuch of UNDP’s work is administered through 5 regional bureaus.
- About Us
- News Centre
Global Environment Fund (GEF) Project Development Officer
|Location :||HANOI, VIET NAM|
|Application Deadline :||21-Feb-10 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-4|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One year|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||Two years|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
|Under the guidance and direct supervision of Assistant Country Director (ACD)/ Head of the Sustainable Development Cluster, the GEF Project Development Officer (GEF-O) is responsible for identification and formulation of Global Environment Fund (GEF) projects in order to achieve the following objectives:
1. Enhancing partnerships with government counterparts, GEF Viet Nam Operational Focal Point (OFP), GEF agencies, donors and financial institutions for resources mobilization;
2. Coordinating the preparation of a national action plan for project development and fund mobilization for Viet Nam under GEF5 replenishment (VN GEF5 Action Plan) and organization of a national dialogue for GEF5; implementing following up actions;
3. Formulating projects for consideration of funding by GEF and other appropriate climate change funding windows.
The GEF-O works in close collaboration with the operations team, programme staff within UNDP, in other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society. The GEF-O contributes to the implementation of the one UN initiative in Viet Nam and participates in the UN Programme Coordination Group on Sustainable Development (PCG-SD).
Duties and Responsibilities
|Performance of the GEF-O will be evaluated according to the following indicators:
1. Ensures enhancement of partnership with and capacity on project development for relevant government counterparts aiming at GEF resources mobilization for Viet Nam: (20%)
3. Ensures effective formulation of new projects within GEF thematic areas (biodiversity, climate change, sustainable forest management, international waters, land degradation, chemicals/ persistent organic pollutants):
The GEF-O will work in Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) in UNDP Viet Nam. S/he will report to and work under the direct supervision of the Assistant Country Director (ACD)/ Head of the Sustainable Development Cluster.
The GEF-O works closely with Viet Nam GEF Operational Focal Point, UNDP-GEF Headquarter and Technical Advisors in Regional Center in Bangkok, Government counterparts and UN/DP staff in Viet Nam.
The GEF-O will participate in the UN Programme Coordination Group on Sustainable Development.
Knowledge Management and Learning
Required Skills and Experience
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact the eRecruit Helpdesk.