Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Manage the entire administrative cycle of all the simplified tender procedures in the form of Shopping and Request for Quotation (below 100,000 USD) and, when requested, to in consultation with the Country Office Procurement Specialist, assist the Project Manager in managing procedures above 100,000 USD;
- Assist in simplifying and standardizing low purchase tender procedures, following UNDP Financial Rules and Regulations, and the prescriptive content of Contracts Assets and Procurement Management user guides;
- In consultation with the Country Office Procurement Specialist manage the processes related to the review, recording and prioritization of local purchase;
- Provide guidance to requesting units in preparing their requests thanks to a thorough knowledge of the local market as well as an appreciable knowledge of the channels for procuring items in the international market;
- Draft the tender documents (from Requests for Quotation to Purchase Orders or Contracts) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved, draft a variety of internal/external correspondence;
- Conduct negotiation of local purchase orders and contract terms and conditions and maintain relevant internal databases and files, including, but not limited, monthly reports;
- Inform affected users of contractual rights and obligations and support in daily project management issues;
- Perform other procurement-related duties (including planning of activities) as assigned.
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the project and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performing the approval functions in Atlas for Purchase orders.
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Development and management of the rosters of local suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Management of e-procurement module.
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the project focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the projects and counterpart staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- In-depth knowledge on purchasing and accounting techniques
- Good knowledge of internal UNDP procurement policies, processes and procedures generally and significant experience in their application to the purchase of a wide range of supplies and services
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Ability to analyze procurement service requirements
- Ability to lead procurement processes using specific procurement methods (RFQ, ITB, RFP).
- Ability to apply organizational policies and procedures
- Ability to research and gather information from a variety of internal and external sources
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced University Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field. Procurement formal training will be an asset, UNDP Procurement Certification desirable.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web based management systems. Use of procurement- related databases ATLAS and other software.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of another UN language desirable.