- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Information Associate - United Nations Inter-Agency Project on Human Trafficking (UNIAP)
|Location :||HANOI, VIET NAM|
|Application Deadline :||03-Nov-10 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SC-7|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One year|
The Information Associate for the UN Inter-Agency Project on Human Trafficking (UNIAP) will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the information/knowledge center of the UNIAP Vietnam office.
(S)he will work closely with the National Project Coordinator (NPC) and the UNIAP regional technical team based in the Regional Management Office (RMO), who will provide technical oversight to his/her work. The Information Associate will report to the NPC.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the National Project Coordinator and the regional technical team, the incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities:
Setting and Implementing Information and Communications Strategies
1. Support the formulation and implementation of UNIAP publication activities such as drafting and editing articles for the newsletter, and drafting and designing other UNIAP publications and information materials such as brochures, briefing materials, and a directory of all organizations working on human trafficking.
Information Collection and Dissemination
2. Search out and review all relevant new information on human trafficking as it relates to Vietnam (ie news reports, research, etc) with a view to identifying new developments and trends.
3. Provide input to NPC and RMO technical team in the collection, mapping, and updating of information on the current human trafficking situation, and all current human trafficking projects and interventions in Vietnam. This includes in-person visits, telephone calls, and internet searches to gather information on government organizations, NGOs, international organizations, and UN agencies doing work on human trafficking issues.
4. Support the UNIAP Vietnam Office in analyzing the information collected as detailed above.
5. Maintain and distribute relevant information on human trafficking through the UNIAP Vietnam Weekly News Digest, post mail, and meetings.
6. Support RMO in regular updating of the Vietnam-related elements of the UNIAP website.
7. Collaborate with key partners and relevant agencies and organizations in the collection of materials for the UNIAP website.
8. Collect information on updated copies of Vietnam laws, regulations, etc. related to human trafficking and ensure their posting on the UNIAP website, in English and Vietnamese.
9. Take responsibility for developing and issuing a quarterly Vietnamese language newsletter on human trafficking.
10. In collaboration with RMO, provide contributions and research support to UNIAP SIREN reporting and research as requested.
Other Information Management Inputs
12. Support the regional technical team in the development and updating of national overview/analysis papers on human trafficking in Vietnam.
14. Assist the NPC in organizing joint activities with partner organizations and agencies.
15. Participate in workshops, meetings, conferences relevant to the work of the UNIAP Vietnam office, including making presentations and acting as rapporteur as appropriate.
16. Continue to create and maintain cohesive communication linkages between larger organizations engaged in anti-human trafficking work, and grass-roots communities.
17. Assist the NPC in any media-related activities.
18. Assist with interpretation for trainings or other events as requested by RMO.
19. Any other related duties as requested by the NPC.
Required Skills and Experience
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.