- Streamlining and clarifying institutional ties between the three institutions as per the legislation;
- Fostering co-ordination with other institutions (mainly Parliament, Local authorities and other Government bodies); and
- Creating permanent channels of communication with Media and NGOs as a way of ensuring that civil sector becomes a permanent stakeholder in monitoring the use of public funds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide capacity development guidance and primary policy advice to the State Audit Institution;
- Coordinate training needs assesment;
- Organize trainings /coaching/ mentoring for SAI staff in identified areas;
- Assisting SAI in developing communication strategy;
- Strengthen regional ties between sister institutions in SE Europe;
- Support to SAI in process of certification of auditors;
- Prepare progress reports for Output 3 and provide inputs provided to Project Manager for Programme progress reports;
- Prepare Terms of Reference for consultants and procurement within Output 3;
- Support UNDP and SAI in ensuring that implementation of projects adheres to agreed expectations and standards provided (monitoring the overall project expenditures, reviewing counterpart reports, field monitoring visits, support in preparation of evaluation missions, support in preparation of analytical reports assessing the impact of the projects and strategic opportunities for further capacity development activities);
- Assist SAI and in coordination and organization of meetings, conferences, public promotion of the project. Organize study tours for SAI and municipal staff;
- Establish and maintain regular contacts with partners, beneficiaries, trainers, etc.;
- Support the Programme Manager in preparing reports, briefs and inputs for Project Board (Steering Committee) members, UNDP, etc.;
- Establish and develop partnerships with existing and potential stakeholders;
- Produce periodic and ad-hoc narrative reports to the Programme Manager as well as reports to Donors, according to the specific reporting standards and requirements;
- Provide support, advice and assistance to SAI staff, team members, experts and consultants, in liaising with UNDP Operations, on procurement, HR, logistics, travel, financial and other operational matters;
- Participate and assist in implementation of Programme activities in all four programme outputs as requested by Programme manager;
- Perform and complete other tasks as required.
Detailed annual and quarterly work plans, in close cooperation with Programme Manager prepared.
Efficient, cost effective and timely implementation of Programme activities ensured.
throughout the project duration
Project data and updates for Programme files produced, budget revisions (when needed) for Output 1 drafted, the funds availability monitored and the effectiveness in payment process ensured.
by end of each month
Final, annual and quarterly reports produced.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of project work;
- Establishes lasting relationships and substantive dialogue with clients;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
Required Skills and Experience
- BA or equivalent diploma in the field of social science (economy, law, organizational, political science or related field) or relevant experience. Master degree is an asset;
- At least three years experience in project management and administration with government or international organisations;
- Previous experience in area of public procurement and public finance would be an asset;
- Experience of managing project budgets;
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in English and Serbian.
The following are steps for on-line application:
- Submit the application through the UNDP Serbia Jobs website. http://www.undp.org.rs/?event=public.jobs;
- Upload completed and signed P11 form in the required resume field. The P11 form can be downloaded from: http://www.undp.org.rs/download/P11_SC_SSA.doc).
- As this position is under Service Contract modality, only applications of applicants with Serbian nationality or valid working permit in Serbia will be considered for the vacancy.