- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
|Location :||Abuja, NIGERIA|
|Application Deadline :||15-Apr-11 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Management|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SC-3|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One year|
The purpose of this TOR is specifically:
• To recruit an individual to provide essential day to day IT support for the UNAIDS office in Abuja, Nigeria on a part time basis (three (3) days a week or as may be required/necessary)
UNAIDS Nigeria office is located in the UN House where other UN agencies are resident and requires technical IT support for the day to day functioning.
The office is setup with core network devices, (Server computer running Windows Server 2003, Juniper firewall, Cisco switch, patch panel, Videoconferencing unit). The Windows 2003 Server includes Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP and File/Print services. The server equally support backup which provide daily, weekly and monthly backup of all user’s data in the Server.
Currently, 8 laptop Computers and 10 Workstations are installed using standard setup (image) with Windows XP Professional and Microsoft Office 2003 with file Format Converter. Outlook 2003 is the email interface and users access UNAIDS Exchange Server using RPC over HTTP protocol.
Duties and Responsibilities
The IT clerk is expected to support the UNAIDS Office in Nigeria in the performance of the following tasks:
• Provide on general IT support to the users mainly in Windows XP Professional and Microsoft Office 2003 applications.
• Proactively ensure that all work stations and laptops are maintained and have the latest security patch installed.
• Ensuring the security and integrity of staff information and documents.
• Focal point for UNAIDS Abuja IT staff training including ICDL.
• Ensuring availability of Internet services to users in the UNAIDS office.
• Provide advise on assistance in procurement of new equipment, provide technical specification on local best options, review of quotations and bids.
• Ensure that backup is functioning as configured and that all backups are successful and restored data (or upon user’s request). Tape backup needs to be changed or rotated and or store off-site.
• Evaluation of supplied ICT equipment by UNAIDS vendors to ensure compliance with set standard specification stipulated for the vendors.
• Maintain and perform LAN patching and keeping the data current.
• Maintain an up date inventory of the units software and hardware also maintain a library of reference materials, develop procedures for usage and provide related information to staff.
• Escalate technical issues to Regional and /or HQ helpdesk for timely problem resolution.
• Ensure desktop, laptops and Server are adequately safeguarded against unauthorized access. Virus detection, removal and prevention for all system.
• Provide assistance for data access, transfers and conversions.
• Upgrading of existing computers to improve system performance and efficiency.
• Responsible for the management and administration of UNAIDS Nigeria server.
Most activities will be with close interaction with the Regional ICT Coordinator in Dakar and or with the Field IT Services team in HQ Geneva.
Knowledge Management and Learning
Development and Operational Effectiveness
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary education.
Experience: 2 - 3 years of relevant work experience
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.