- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Resource Management Analyst
|Location :||Rabat, MOROCCO|
|Application Deadline :||31-May-11 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Management|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||NO-A|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English French|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One Year|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||Renewable|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
|Under the overall guidance and supervision of the OM , the Resource Management Analyst ensures effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services. The Resource Management Analyst promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations. He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex financial issues. The Resource Management Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Resource Management Analyst supervises the team of the Finance Unit, and works in close collaboration with other units in Programme and Operations, HQ staff and Government officials ensuring successful CO performance in Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Management of development and management project budgets
- CO cash management
- Control of CO accounts
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies and adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- CO Finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance under the supervision of the Operation Manager.
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management projects, monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions.
- Analysis and elaboration of proposals on cost-saving and reduction strategies .
2. Ensures the management of development and management projects’ budgets and organization and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration of proposals for planning of financial resources of the CO, preparation of reports containing analysis of the financial situation.
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets; regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation.
- Establishment of the development projects’ budgets preparation/modification monitoring system, control of budgetary status versus authorized spending limits (ASL) and budgets delivery levels.
- Implementation of the control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications, budgetary status versus ASL, follow up with HQs on ASL for development projects, maintenance of the General Ledger.
3. Ensure proper control of CO accounts, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis and elaboration of proposals for the internal expenditures’ control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; payrolls are duly prepared; monthly payment orders (MPOs), travel claims and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Control of accounts closure.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers. Timely response to HQ requests to resolve financial data issues.
- Control of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and follow up with partners on contributions, maintenance of the General Ledger.
4. Ensures proper CO cash management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements. Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Daily review of zero-balance account bank statements in Atlas to monitor imprest level; identification and recording of contributions.
- Initiation of bank transfers and deals, selecting bank transfers and deals for approval and settlement.
- Timely preparation of monthly cash flow forecast for use by the supervisor.
- Acts as cashier for on-site transactions.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and conduct of training for the operations/ projects staff on Finance.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Finance.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
|Corporate Competencies: |
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to provide analytical inputs to strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to make the analysis of requirements and parameters provided in support of financial processes in the CO
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, contributions and investments, and transactions; conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost recovery
- Good knowledge of accounting
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
Management and Leadership
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
Nationality : Moroccan
Les candidatures féminines sont fortement encouragées.