- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst
|Location :||Rabat, MOROCCO|
|Application Deadline :||31-May-11 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Management|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||NO-A|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English French|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One Year|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||Renewable|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
|The M&E analyst contributes to the effective implementation of the evaluation policy ensures that corporate monitoring and evaluation requirements for the Country Programme and projects are met, and facilitates the conduct of thematic and crosscutting evaluations.
The M&E Analysts works under direct supervision of the DRR, and in close collaboration with Programme and Operations Teams in the CO, and Government officials to ensure that thematic, outcome, programme and project evaluations are carried out according to schedules and that findings and recommendations are implemented and followed up.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Planning & implementation of monitoring activities
- Support to the evaluation process
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing on monitoring and evaluation, including related policies and strategies
1. Planning and implementation of monitoring activities.
- Supports the effective monitoring of the CPAP implementation, including in terms of follow-up and reporting.
- Ensures coherence and integration between the UNDP programme and UNDAF Action Plan.
- Assists in the planning and follow-up of the CO Integrated work plan
- Coordinates the monitoring of the Balanced Scorecard indicators and ensures they are fully integrated in the CO integrated work plan.
- Follows up on performance indicators/success criteria, targets and milestone, preparation of reports.
- Monitors and supports the implementation of the RBM tools, and the quality control activities.
- Follow-up on audit recommendation
2. Supports effective management of the evaluation process in the Country Office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for the planning, preparation and management of specific thematic, country programme outcome and project evaluations and other types of evaluations.
- Inputs to the evaluation workplan, analysis and proposals on topics, and projects/programme to be evaluated.
- Promotion of an evaluation culture, focused on standards, quality assurance/control and capacity development in the Country Office.
- Drafting/revision of Terms of Reference (TOR) for specific project/thematic/sectoral evaluation missions and/or desk evaluations/reviews, and participation in consultant and evaluation team selection process, technical feedback on evaluations and budget oversight.
- Guidance on UNDP evaluation policies, procedures and practices to programme managers, UNDP CO staff concerned with assigned project/thematic/sectoral evaluations and/or desk reviews, consultants and/or members of the evaluation team. Provision of guidance on the design of programmes/projects.
- Analysis and synthesis of evaluations recommendations and follow up on their effective implementation.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the area of monitoring and evaluation, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and formulation of lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrated into broader EO knowledge management efforts.
- Contribution to the implementation of Evaluation Knowledge Management and Learning Strategy.
- Participation in results-oriented monitoring and evaluation training efforts in the Country Office.
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s Degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Economics or related social sciences.
Nationality : Moroccan
Les candidat(e)s intéressé(e)s sont invité(e)s à postuler directement « online » et d’y joindre le formulaire P11-FTA. Ce dernier peut-être téléchargé à partir du site du PNUD www.org.ma sous la rubrique « Opportunités d’Emplois/Appels d’Offres).
Les candidatures féminines sont fortement encouragées.