UNDP Croatia is seeking applications from senior year University students and/or recent graduates to apply for an INTERNSHIP AT UNDP CROATIA.
Internship is envisaged as an opportunity for individuals with no professional experience to gain professional skills, which would enable them to become more marketable for future employment.
The focus of the internship is within 4 programmatic areas:
- Social Exclusion and Income Disparities;
- Local Development and Governance;
- Justice and Security Sector Reform;
- Energy and Environment
Detailed information can be obtained from www.undp.hr
Additionally, in cooperation with NGO Blue World Institute of Marine Research and Conservation on Veli Lošinj, we are seeking interns in the fields of carry out scientific research and conservation activities for the Adriatic Dolphin Project (with background in biology, environmental science, ecology, veterinary studies). www.blue-world.org
Duties and Responsibilities
- UNDP Internships are NON-PAID and a minimum of 3 months of commitment on behalf of the applicants is required, with longer commitment considered desirable.
- In return, UNDP commits to assign at least 1 staff member to act as a mentor to the intern and to ensure that interns are exposed to meaningful and adequately challenging professional tasks. UNDP Croatia has opportunities for interns in both its central office in Zagreb, as well as in its 4 regional offices located in Zadar, Split , Vukovar and Sisak.
Required Skills and Experience
Active interest in development work and enthusiasm for field and research work;
Eagerness to learn about UNDP practice areas and their application on national, regional and global levels;
- Ability to analyze issues and information and to prepare short briefs and summaries on key issues, strong research skills;
- Strong English and Croatian communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Students or recent graduates in fields of social policy, economics, law and environmental studies are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION:
go to www.undp.hr
select Jobs option
select desired position
click Apply Now