- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Public Information Assistant (UNV) at UNHCR Office to Belarus
|Location :||Minsk, BELARUS|
|Application Deadline :||01-Jul-14 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||UNV|
|Post Level :||UNV|
|Languages Required :||English Russian|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months with possible extension|
Duties and Responsibilities
Description of Duties:
· Liaise with private sector
· Maintain regular contacts with the press in particular Bolshoi and Ya magazines and provide ideas/suggestions for articles related to refugees
· Explore possibility of interviews and/or programs related to refugees to be shown on Belarussian TV or broadcasted on Belarussian radio.
· Continue the work initiated by the Office in the field of private sector fund raising (i.e. update of database, arrange meetings with key representatives, identify potential partnership and new projects etc., to support UNHCR mandate in Belarus.
· Contribute to the production of information material for public awareness campaigns and for the preparation of in-house bulletins, newsletters and information kits by contributing to articles, reports and other information gathered from various sources; liaise with printers concerning brochures and publications published by the office.
· Draft routine correspondence and texts for the office's website and maintain information databases.
· Compile and distribute a daily news clipping service.
· Distribute press statements and similar information to media, to other offices locally as well as to Headquarters.
· Contribute to the preparation of reports and project documents by providing information, preparing tables and drafting routine correspondence and reports related to PI.
· Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information and translate documents and correspondence of PI nature as and when required.
· Perform any other duty, as requested.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to:
· Strengthening their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and taking active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
· Getting acquainted with and building on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
· Reflecting on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
· Contributing articles/write-ups on field experiences and submitting them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
· Assisting with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
· Promoting or advising local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encouraging relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Computer skills: training/certificate or other demonstrated experience in electronic data processing, information technology or related field;
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in the field of Communication, Languages, Social Sciences, International Relations or other related field;
· Minimum 2 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Language skills:Excellent knowledge of English and Russian.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.