“UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.”
UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.”
UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Regional Development and Poverty Reduction, Conflict Prevention and Recovery and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of improving human development in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality and information and communication technology for development.
UNDP has been working on democratic governance issues in Indonesia for many years, and has contributed significantly to consolidating democracy through provision of policy advice and technical assistance, and by promoting and brokering dialogue and engaging in knowledge networking. In the justice sector, UNDP has been involved in providing support to ensuring access to justice and is currently implementing a Strengthening Access to Justice in Indonesia (SAJI) project which was developed based on experiences and lessons learned from two previous projects: Aceh Justice Programme (AJP) and the Legal Empowerment and Assistance for the Disadvantaged (LEAD) Project.
With funding support from the European Union, and in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, UNDP is initiating a project aimed at supporting the Supreme Court to strengthen the rule of law and enhance public trust in the judicial system by increasing the transparency, integrity and accountability of the judiciary and the quality of justice services provided to the people. The EU-UNDP Support to Justice Sector Reform in Indonesia (SUSTAIN) will support the Supreme Court in the implementation of its Blueprint for Judicial Reform 2010-2035 through the achievement of four results: (1) enhanced internal and external oversight mechanisms of the judiciary; (2) enhanced knowledge and skills of judges & court staff and strengthened capacity of the Supreme Court Training Centre; (3) enhanced Human Resource and Organisation Management via integrated Human Resources and performance management databases, an effective implementation of advanced Human Resources policies, and a strengthened Judicial Reform Team Office; and (4) enhanced Case Management System and procedures of the judiciary to improve transparency, quality of case data and decisions and timeliness of case handling.
Under the supervision of the Sector Coordinator for Judicial Training, the Sector Officer supports management of training components in SUSTAIN project. The main role is to provide key guidance to project personnel and other relevant stakeholders, support services for projects under his/her portfolio while ensuring quality of project outputs are delivered – in line with the agreed result country programme and in compliance with GoI and UNDP procedure. The incumbent also will support to the new partnerships with development partners and the private sector to strengthen the SUSTAIN project and closely involve in the implementation of SUSTAIN project particularly in the judicial training area and other sector as relevant and guided by Sector Coordinator and/or Chief Technical Advisor (CTA)/Project Manager.
The Sector Officer supervise consultants and work in close collaboration with programme, operations in the CO, technical advisors, experts, Government officials, and other relevant stakeholders to successfully implement the UNDP project.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Effective implementation of Output 2: Enhanced knowledge and skills of judges & court staff and strengthened capacity of the Supreme Court Training Centre and ensure effective implementation and achievement of results:
• Implement Output 2 activities and ensure achievement of targets as outlined in the project work plan under supervision of Sector Coordinator for judicial training.
• Effective support to the Sector Coordination in mobilization of goods and services and other project inputs, including preparing ToRs for expert consultants, meetings and workshops.
• Effective support to the Sector Coordination in ensuring that the quality of project component inputs meet the expected standards and are sufficient to produce project outputs and targets;
• Effective support to the Sector Coordination in reviewing project compliance against the relevant government and UNDP regulations for project management;
• Effective support to the Sector Coordination in developing project standard operating procedures in line with the government and UNDP’s regulations; seeks the board’s approval; and takes responsibility for updating and revising it as necessary;
• Timely and effective solution to the critical issues, troubleshoots problems and develops solutions to the overall processes of project implementation in coordination with Sector Coordinator;
• Effective implementation of monitoring and evaluation exercise and use of prevailing M& E tools in coordination with M&E Officer,
• Effective monitoring of project performance and the preparation of high quality and results oriented progress reports.
2. Effective contribution in planning, budgeting and effective management of the Output 2 focusing in achieving the following results:
• Provision of substantive input and support to the initiation/ design activities under Output 2 in coordination with Sector Coordinator for Judicial Training and/or CTA/Project Manager.
• Effective support to the Sector Coordination in the implementation of work plan and ensures that the project remains within the tolerance level of the approved work plan.
• Effective support in monitoring exercise to ensure achievement of targets in line with the annual work plan and that project implementation at all levels complies with the approved project SoP.
• Timely draft prepareation for quarterly project reports as guided by the Sector Coordinator, in line with the standard template and presents it to the project assurance team on a timely manner;
• Timely prepration of data for external project reports as necessary and required by the Sector Coordinator and/or project assurance team;
• Effective support to the Sector Coordination in organizing project board meetings and reports to the project board the project’s quarterly progress together with any issues that may require project board decisions; and
3. Maintain partnerships for project implementation with implementing partners focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Regular assessment on the implementing partner’s capacity and ensure that capacity development strategy is embedded within the framework of the project implementation
• Established and maintain link of communication between Project Management Units in the implementing partner and the country office for provision effective support and assurance
• Effective support and facilitation on wider partnership with project stakeholders to encourage coordination and synergies between various actors and thus ensure more impactful results
• Promotion of stakeholder awareness on project activities and results to support partnership and resource mobilization for future project implementation, replication and up-scaling.
4. Provides top quality support services to the nationally implemented projects focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Facilitation the development of annual workplan, including detail plans for procurement, recruitments and other country office support services in collaboration with the project management units,
• Effective support to the project management units in identifying the appropriate modalities for acquiring inputs for project activities (e.g. recruitment & procurement modalities)
5. Facilitation of knowledge building and management, producing and disseminating lesson learnt from designated projects and support to the promotion of cross-project, cross-unit knowledge fertilization focusing on the following results :
• Identification of entry points for knowledge generations and knowledge sharing from project experience;
• Effective contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
• Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to project and programme country policy goals
• Provision of support to the information sharing event and dialogue within the donor community by initiating and/or participating in consultative meetings that will address the issues and needs in collaboration with key partners.
• Maintenance of established advocacy networks which are linked to international networks and proposed for expansion of network to the Sector Coordinator for Judicial Training and/or CTA/Project Manager, thus relevant, high-impact advocacy campaigns are implemented with key partners.
• Effective support to the establishment of showcase to external stakeholders on progress made and impacts delivered
• Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on various issues.
• Professional growth through active learning.
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
• Self-development, initiative-taking
• Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
• Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
• Creating synergies through self-control
• Managing conflict
• Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
• Informed and transparent decision making
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Level 1.2: Preparing information for advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP’s mandate
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Level 1.2: Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Level 1.2: Enhancing processes or products
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
Level 1.2: Providing inputs to resource mobilization strategies
- Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual donors
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
Level 1.2: Preparing information for global advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts in the media and civil society, to promote a
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Willingness to take Prince2 training and certification, RMG
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Law, Politics, Public Adminstration or development or other relevant fields of study would be desirable.
- Minimum with 6 years of relevant experience for candidate with Bachelor Degree or 2 years’ relevant experience for candidate with Master Degree in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Experience including analytical work, programme/project development in the areas of legal and/or justice sector reform
- Working experience networking with the private sector, CSO, university will be highly desirable
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, and handling of web based management systems will be advantage.
- Good knowledge about rules, procedures of UN/UNDP will be highly desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute necessity;
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Demonstrated strong familiarity with UNDP development projects in Indonesia.
- Knowledge on various donor’s reporting requirements
- Good inter-personal and team building skills.
- Full time availability for project management support duties is essential.
- Familiar with Government and UN/UNDP procedures would be desirable
- Experience in handling of web based management systems would be highly desirable.
APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION . Click here to down load the form P-11
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply . All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
ATLAS POSITION NO.