- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Common Services Radio Operator
|Location :||Gaziantep, TURKEY|
|Application Deadline :||18-Aug-16 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-2|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||6 months with possible extension|
The United Nations System in Gaziantep seeks a candidate (Turkish national only) for the position of the Common Services Radio Operator, responsible for supporting the United Nations Emergency Communications System, UN Missions tracking and all voice and data communications associated with the implementation of safety and security regulations and procedures for UN personnel in Gaziantep and Eastern, South-eastern and Mediterranean (ESEM) regions. The incumbent will also be responsible for assisting in provision of the administrative services.
Please click here for the detailed Terms of Reference.
A letter of interest, UN Personal History Form (P11) filled in English and CV indicating proper reference code should be included to online application no later than 18 August 2016 at 1730hrs.
United Nations Department of Safety and Security
No fax applications or phone inquiries will be accepted.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Security Advisor/Field Security Coordination Officer, the Common Service Radio Operator monitors and supports the Emergency Communication System, UN Mission tracking and all voice and data communications associated with implementation of the safety and security regulations and procedures for UN personnel in Gaziantep, East, South, 10km border belt and Mersin province. The incumbent also assists in provision of the administrative services.
Common Service Radio Operator is responsible for reporting and communicating with the agencies located in the region. Common Services Radio Operators operate on shift basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
Communication System Support
Information Management Services
Administrative Support Services
Impact of Results
The key results have a direct impact on the timely and effective implementation of UN security support at the Regional level through the efficient communication of information and instructions, particularly during emergencies.
· Demonstrates commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values.
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Shares knowledge and experience.
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
· Ability to perform effective radio checks.
· Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work.
· Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
· Strong IT skills (MS Word, Excel and Power-point).
Leadership and Self-Management
· Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
· Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.