Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Technical Advisor Ecosystems and Climate Change, the Technical Assistant will act as an advisor to the UNDP Country Office and national counterparts with regards to the Agenda 2030 and SDGs, provide strategic inputs in favor of the mainstreaming of the SDGs in UNDP’s programming.
The Technical Assistant works in close collaboration with the Programme team, programme staff in other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff, Government, private sector, academia and civil society.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Provides strategic support to the mainstreaming of the SDGs in the UNDP country programming and country development planning;
- Identifies and provides support to opportunities for public-private partnerships, and promotes collaboration, integration and partnerships with other UN Agencies in Peru around Agenda 2030;
- Facilitates knowledge building and sharing;
1. Provides strategic support to the mainstreaming of the SDGs in the UNDP country programming and country development planning, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Participate in UN-wide and development partner coordination spaces on SDGs, such as the UNDAF Result #3 working group;
- Advise on making explicit contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals through UNDP programmes and projects, including through technical support to the definition of Theories of Change and Results Frameworks related to the Governance, Poverty Reduction and Environment practice areas;
- In coordination with UNDP Programme Officers, provide technical advice to external partners (government, civil society and private sector) in the mainstreaming of SDGs in development and results-based planning, considering national development priorities.
2. Identifies and provides support to opportunities for public-private partnerships, and promotes collaboration, integration and partnerships with other UN Agencies in Peru around Agenda 2030, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Advise on how UNDP can most effectively partner with other United Nations Agencies in Peru to support countries in the implementation of SDGs, including through joint programming;
- Identify opportunities for south-south collaboration;
- Identify opportunities to strengthen collaboration – including related to resource mobilization – with civil society and the private sector around Agenda 2030, including through support to new proposal development.
3. Facilitates knowledge building and sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identify and make available to UNDP CO colleagues and external partners innovative programme and knowledge management practices to implement the Agenda 2030 in Peru;
- Provide strategic guidance of UNDP CO-supported knowledge products and support communications message development, to ensure adequate integration of Agenda 2030;
- Contribute to staff capacity development and knowledge sharing regarding Agenda 2030;
- Support SDG-related reporting at the UNDP CO level.
- Identifies and communicates effective messages related to sustainable development
- Ability to advocate and advance policy-oriented agenda
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required in relevant field – economics, policy, environmental sciences or related field; Master’s Degree preferred in political or social sciences or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects, with sustainable development focus.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
IMPORTANT: HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed signed Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from: http://www.pe.undp.org/content/peru/es/home/operations/jobs.html.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.