Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change is implementing a project titled “Preparation of Third National Communication (TNC) and Other New Information to the UNFCCC” which will assist India in undertaking the preparation of Third National Communication to the Conference of Parties in accordance with the Convention and build capacity to fulfil its commitments to the Convention on a continuing basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist NPD in preparing detailed monthly plans and cost estimates for accounting and timely disbursement of funds as needed.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of project activities as set out in the project document.
- Assist NPD in co-ordination between the steering committee, thematic working groups, Programme Officers, NPD and UNDP.
- Co-ordinate all logistical arrangements for steering committee meetings, national workshops, consultations and meetings.
- Maintain regular contacts as needed with all government, non-government, community based and international organizations that are concerned in the planning process and ensure smooth functioning of the project.
- Assist NPD in preparing detailed content of activities in conjunction with the thematic groups. Writing responsibilities for all project documents as assigned by the NPD.
- Participate and contribute qualitatively to periodic brainstorming sessions with the NPD and thematic groups, to better define options, priorities and course of action.
- Maintain regular contact with state planning teams, obtain regular status reports and provide assistance and guidance to states as appropriate.
- Assist NPD in supervising the consultative process with stakeholders including state governments, nodal agencies and co-operating partners.
- Any other work/ duty assigned by NPD from time to time.
Technical Inputs and Participation:
- Ensure the project is in conformity with objectives of the UNFCCC.
- Ensure that a participatory methodology is followed and effective stakeholder participation is achieved. Obtain technical inputs (material and human resources) to assess and include measures for recent issues in the field of climate change, particularly those emerging from recent COP (such as issues related to sustainable development, response strategies for impacts, abatement and adaptation etc.)
- Circulate reports, studies and documents prepared to prominent experts for technical reviews. Assist NPD in preparing the draft and final national communication
Programme Officer should have experience in working in at least one of the areas to be dealt with in the project as outlined above and have experience in participatory methods and institutional arrangements. The Programme Officer should have excellent writing and communication skills. Programme Officer should preferably be bi-lingual (Hindi and English) and proficient in the use of computers.
Programme Officer is to assist the National Project Director (NPD) in carrying out his duties. The Programme Officers will look after: (1) GHG inventory; (2) impact vulnerability and adaptations; (3) GHG mitigation; and (4) all other components of TNC and BUR. He/She will look after/undertake any other work/duties assigned by the NPD from time to time. The Programme Officers will also assist in preparing progress reports, financial statements, and liaising with the NPD, thematic working groups and state planning groups. The Programme Officers will report to the NPD directly.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree (Physical, Chemical, Biological or Environmental Sciences) / Masters in Social Sciences & related fields / M.Tech (Climate, Energy and Environment related fields) / Masters in Economics or related field, with excellent academic record (at least two first class starting from Senior Secondary to Masters).
- PhD will be a desirable qualification.
- Relevant experience after Post Graduation is to be counted. This may include double Post Graduation, PhD or standalone research/work experience after obtainment of Post- Graduation degree. Experience may be relaxed for exceptionally bright candidates.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Experience in undertaking projects related to inventory development, vulnerability assessment and adaptation, GHG mitigation actions, and other aspects of National Communication.
- Well versed with the UNFCCC processes and products as well as IPCC national communication guidelines and assessment reports.
- Experience in organization, coordination and management of international and national workshops.
- Experience of working with Central and/or State Governments/ NGOs/Private Sector/ Civil Society on similar assignments will be preferred.
Bi-lingual (Hindi and English), excellent inter–disciplinary, writing and communication skills.
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Written Test & Interview.
Fixed Salary INR 80,000/- per month
- Please ensure that all the documents to be uploaded should be combined in a single PDF file before uploading as
the system has provision of uploading only one document.
For any clarification please write to email@example.com