- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
International Consultant on Inclusive Green Economy Planning Tools
|Location :||Bishkek, KYRGYZSTAN|
|Application Deadline :||07-Feb-18 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||20 working days during February – May 2018|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Since 2016, the Kyrgyz Republic has been a member of the Global Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE), a joint initiative of five UN agencies - UNDP, UNEP, ILO, UNIDO and UNITAR.
The objectives of the initiative are to support the transition of the Kyrgyz Republic to a green economy, which leads to increased welfare and social justice, while significantly reducing environmental risks and environmental imbalances. The partnership does this by providing technical and financial support for analyzing the possibility of a green economy, reforming policies in all sectors of the economy, and creating individual and institutional capacity for sustainability.
The Ministry of Economy is the main coordinating state body in the implementation of PAGE in the Kyrgyz Republic.
Currently, work is underway to develop a vision and plan for further actions to transition to the Inclusive Green Economy (IGE) in the framework of ongoing initiatives to plan the development of the Kyrgyz Republic. The Ministry of Economy is tasked to integrate the issues of the "inclusive green economy", in the context of climate change, into long-term and medium-term strategic documents of the country on sustainable development.
Ministry of Economy expressed a need to get methodological support and expertise of qualified international consultant to obtain knowledge and skills on green economy policy tools and policy assessment. There is a need to strengthen the capacity of policy makers, policy advisers and all key involved parties on the IGE planning tools as a whole.
Duties and Responsibilities
The contractor will carry out his work under the overall guidance and oversight of the Deputy Minister of Economy and Ministry of Economy Chief Advisor on Green Economy, who oversees the development of country strategic program documents including Inclusive Green Economy and sustainable development pillars, who will accept and approve the results of the Consultant’s work. UNDP CO Team Leader/Sustainable Economic Growth, PMU Advisor/Portfolio Coordinator for Sustainable Economic and PEI/PAGE Project Coordinator will coordinate the work with the Contractor from UNDP KR side.
Scope of work:
1. Conduct pre-mission preparation work by providing expert guidance and methodological support to the Ministry of Economy team of experts through e-mail, skype and other means of communication, focusing on integrating Green Economy aspects in the Medium-term Sustainable Development Plan of Kyrgyz Republic (the Kyrgyz 40-steps reform process) and apply System Maps. The support provided by the consultant will also be linked to the process for the development of a green economy concept and action plan led by the Ministry of Economy of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. Prepare and conduct a training on green economy policy tools and policy assessment methodologies in the Kyrgyz Republic, involving one travel to Bishkek.
3. Provide overall guidance on green economy tools and policy assessment methodologies through regular communication with key players in the government focused on integrating Green Economy aspects in the Medium-term Sustainable Development Plan of Kyrgyz Republic (the Kyrgyz 40-steps reform process and apply systems maps.
Pre-mission preparation work by providing expert guidance and methodological support to the Ministry of Economy team of experts through e-mail, skype and other means of communication, focusing on integrating Green Economy aspects in the development planning processes in the Kyrgyz Republic, applying System Maps.
One training is prepared and conducted, as part of a mission to Kyrgyz Republic, on green economy policy tools and policy assessment methodologies, with explicit focus on System Dynamics models, targeted to the needs of policy makers from line ministries and a related group of experts and policy advisers.
Technical guidance and advisory support on green economy policy tools and policy assessment methodologies is provided over the period of several months targeted to the needs of key policymakers and related policy advisors in the Kyrgyz Republic. This will be focused on integrating Green Economy aspects in the development planning processes of the Kyrgyz Republic, applying System Maps. Letter from the Ministry of Economy as evidence is provided.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in economics with specialization in econometrics is required;
- PhD in economic modeling or econometrics is an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experince in the field of scenario analysis or economic modeling both at national and international level is required.
- Practical experience in use of System Dynamics models is required. Enclose a list of participated projects with experince of application of SD models.
- Working expericence with UN Environment on Green Economy modeling and understanding of green economy / sustainable consumption and production (SCP) issues in the Caucasus, Central Asia and Eastern European region, including the application of SCP Policy into national planning agendas and application in the business sector is a strong asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.