The Active Labour Market Programme 2 project (ALMP2) has been supporting the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare implement various active labour market measures, aiming at providing skills development and employment opportunities to the most disadvantaged in the labour market. Due to the support, the MLSW has increased its capacities in designing, implementing and monitoring these measures. External evaluations for each scheme have found that the participants have become more employable in the labour market.
Recently, the Employment Agency has become functional, and has now the responsibility to operate all the Employment Offices and Vocational Training Centers across Kosovo. After a screening of the functionality of each VTC and EO around Kosovo, Employment Agency found out that some of the training profiles do not have trainers, even though they are fully equipped and have a list of interested candidates to attend these trainings. Thus, as per the request and need of the Employment Agency, ALMP2 will support the Vocational Training Centers (VTC), in some selected municipalities, with technical assistance, in order to functionalize currently dormant training profiles.
Objectives of Assignment
The objective of this assignment is to functionalize the vocational training profile of “Industrial Electronics”, and provide jobseekers with skills needed in the labour market. The contracted trainer is expected to work under the same conditions as the other trainers of the VTCs of the Employment Agency around Kosovo.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the ALMP2 project manager and the director of the VTC in Prizren, the trainer is expected to:
- Offer daily training (theory and practice) as needed, in the intended profession, in line with the relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures (45%);
- Develop the work plans and implement them in a timely manner (10%);
- Prepares the daily work plan, needs for materials, register of the candidates and reports as needed, (10%).
- Participates in developing, maintaining and writing the training materials and organizes the individual methodology for each candidate (5%).
- Evaluates the achievement of each candidate in each module, maintains their file, heads the evaluation commission, and certifies the training based on the skills and knowledge gained during the training (5%)
- Manages the training material and maintains the evidence for each material used during the training process (5%).
- Maintains the tools, equipment, and ensures a secure training environment inside the training workshops for each candidate (5%).
- Participates during the monitoring and evaluation of training provided by other offerors (5%)
- Frequently reports to the supervisor on the progress of the work plans and needs of each trainee (10%)
- The training profile of “Industrial Electronics” in the VTC of Prizren is fully functional and is open to receiving candidates;
- Interested jobseekers, referred from the Employment offices, receive a modular based training, and are certified based on their performance.
Deliverables / Final Products Expected
- Monthly monitoring reports outlining the results achieved in line with the expected results outlined above, validated by MLSW and UNDP.
- Final report upon completion of the assignment summarizing the work performed and results achieved, together with any further recommendations to MLSW in the context of improving the training profile in the future.
Scope of price proposal and schedule of payments
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount
The Contract is based on an all-inclusive lump-sum remuneration, monthly, subject to submitting a report summarizing the work done, cleared by VTC Prizren representative and direct supervisor in UNDP. The final payment is to be released upon acceptance of the final report by VTC Prizren.
Required Presentation of Offer:
The following documents are required to be submitted.
- P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three professional references
- Financial proposal: The consultant is expected to provide an all-inclusive lump sum for delivering the assignment.
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability/ Motivational Statement:C The consultant is expected to submit a max. 2 page motivational statement of why he/she considers him/herself as the best suited candidate for the assignment.
Criteria for Selection of the Best Offer
Combined scoring method – where the technical part based on the P11 and the technical proposal will be weighted a max. of 70% (50% for the P11 and 20% for the motivational statement), and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30%.
- Committed to professionalism, impartiality, accountability and integrity;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, ethnicity, and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates substantial experience in gender equality. Actively promotes gender equality in all activities;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Ability to interpret theoretical training in combination with practice in the training facilities;
- Ability to utilize all the training equipment installed in the training facility;
- Ability to synthesise research and draw conclusion on the related subjects;
- Ability to evaluate progress of the trainees as per the agreed workplans
- Excellent writing skills in Albanian, ability to formulate concepts and conclusions;
- Ability to pay attention to details;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Good organisational skills;
- Commitment to accomplish work;
- Responds positively to critical feedback;
- Results and task oriented.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree at in electronics, industrial electronics or other relevant fields is required;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in delivering trainings is required;
- Knowledge of and experience in education sector or professional theoretical or practical training for adults is required;
- Excellent working skills on computer programmes (Word, Excel, Power point) is required;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills in clear and fluent Albanian is required. Knowledge of English and/or Serbian is considered an asset.
- Click on the "Apply now" button;
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box;
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume;
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.