- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Ref.2018-0027_International consultant on macroeconomic assessment of housing fund modernization results in Kazakhstan
|Location :||Home based with 2 missions to Kazakhstan|
|Application Deadline :||07-Aug-18 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English Russian|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||August-December 2018|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Your Proposal (max 10 MB) must be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the indication of Ref.2018-0027 in the subject line not later than August 7, 2018.
For detailed information on the position, please refer to the Procurement Notice and Terms of Reference. Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to the following e-mail email@example.com, copying firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Republic of Kazakhstan, within the framework of the reforms carried out in previous years, a few number of measures, both legal and institutional, aimed at improving the situation in the housing and utilities sector, in particular in the housing sector - residential multi-apartment buildings (MAB), were adopted. Nevertheless, despite the efforts made, the maintenance and operation of a large part of MAB is, unfortunately, in unsatisfactory conditions, especially in the regions. According to the analysis, today there is a low discipline of accumulation funds for the capital renovations of MAB, which contributes to the untimely capital and current renovations. As a result, the number of failing buildings to be demolished is increasing, which amounts to 2,565 units today. According to statistics, today there are 148,998 residential multi-apartment buildings in Kazakhstan. Capital renovations are required for about 30% of buildings. Even more buildings (according to the expert estimates, about 60-70%) are requiring thermal modernization, as built in the previous years they do not meet up-to-date requirements for heat protection, and the Government allocates considerable funds for various energy subsidies. Such subsidies, as a rule, are distorting the market mechanisms and have a number of negative social and economic impacts. Apartments owners do not actually have opportunity for collective borrowing to perform current and capital renovations of MAB (as per the example of the European countries). It is expected to engage an international expert to assist to the Project in assessment of macroeconomic results of the housing stock modernization in Kazakhstan in order to demonstrate the Government the possible benefits from such modernization of the city’s and country's economy as a whole.
Duties and Responsibilities
To assess the macroeconomic results of the housing stock modernization in Kazakhstan on basis of proposed replicated model and analysis of its sensitivity.
Scope of Works:
• Preparation of a report with a brief analysis of the best practices in modernization of residential multi-apartment buildings (MAB), indicating all subsequent economic and environmental benefits (3-5 countries with the most successful experience in modernization of MAB with participation of SME, banks, municipalities and apartment owners – blended financing);
• Development of financial and economic model for modernization of a typical residential building/residential quarter using the information received by UNDP pilot project in Astana with identification of a level of sensitivity (limit) of tenants’ contribution (accumulation of funds for renovation) and loan-based funding for the pilot project, based on data of the developed model;
• Development of a replicated model for Astana city with analysis of macroeconomic impact of a large-scale modernization of urban renovation (built-up) areas on city economy and project sensitivity (limit) in the part of co-financing by the municipality from budget and borrowed sources of financing;
• Development of a replicated model for the country (Kazakhstan) with analysis of macroeconomic impact of a large-scale modernization of residential renovation (built-up) areas on country’s economy and project sensitivity (limit) in the part of co-financing from budget and borrowed sources of financing;
• Identifying the business opportunities during the project scaling up to a city and a country, including the effects for the economy and the ability of the budget to provide the financial support to businesses.
*For more details please see the Terms of References.
Required Skills and Experience
Your application (max. 10 Mb) consisting from:
must be sent to email@example.com indicating Ref.2018-0027 in the email message subject not later than 7 August 2018.
ONLY fully submitted applications would be considered!!!