- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Programme Finance Associate (open to Senegalese nationals & residents only)
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Dakar, SENEGAL|
|Application Deadline :||24-Aug-18 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Management|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||GS-7|
|Languages Required :||English French|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year (renewable)|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||1 year|
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Programme Finance Associate is responsible for helping ensure the provision and the execution of programme finance services and the effective and transparent utilization of financial resources including the integrity of financial and administrative services. The incumbent promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Administration and implementation of operational strategies
• Work in full compliance with UN/UN Women rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial records/ reporting system and facilitate and coordinate follow-up on audit recommendations; and the implementation of effective internal controls, in addition to the proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
• Sending project budget to KK (if authorized and on the basis of signed project documents and project budgets).
3. Accounting and administrative support.
• Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports to projects; preparation of all types of vouchers.
4. Support to implementation of the resource mobilization strategy
• Monitoring of cost-sharing contributions, preparation of budget association.
5. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, and guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters
• Guidance to the UN Women country and project field offices on routine administration of projects, tracking use and support preparation of reports on utilization of financial resources.
Impact of Results
CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES
• Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
• Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
Required Skills and Experience
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.