Who are we and what can you gain?
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT) in Copenhagen is responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT and Green Energy solutions. Our vision is to develop smart UN facilities which are: Optimal and efficient, Efficient in management and Sustainable, implemented to build modern age UNDP facilities around the globe that are fully aligned with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our Unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. We are a team who work in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and we expect our interns to become vital members of the team.
As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The UNDP/OIMT Communication and Multimedia Internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-time industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading clean energy and sustainability initiatives, while learning to take into consideration the local context. Being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; our office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP OIMT unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your Responsibilities and assignments:
- Assist in development of communication tools targeting various stakeholders
- Assist in updating the UNDP OIMT Intranet page
- Help developing written and audio-visual material for the UND OIMT Intranet site and other promotional activities
- Follow up with Country Offices where Green Energy solutions have been implemented in order to find stories that can be published in UNDP Global platforms
- Assist in the production of UNDP OIMT Magazine
- Assist in yearly recruitment campaign for new interns
- Research relevant contents to post UNDP OIMT Yammer page (internal social network platform)
- Provide support in data analysis (Excel)
- Provide support in big data presentation through visual tools
- Keep the internal photo gallery updated and categorized
- Assist in the creation and execution of a branding development plan, including campaigns and projects
- Assist in the development of Branding material and maintain branding material inventory
- Manage the content of internal Flat Screen display
Applying your Skills Beyond Communication and Multimedia:
- Developing of quality centred and efficient Knowledge Management (KM) platform;
- Promote the OIMT’s overall strategic framework and work plan;
- Adhering to OIMT Copenhagen unit being ISO 9001:2015 certified, all work shall be compliant with the international standard with focus on high quality, continuous improvements and customer satisfaction.
Technical skills of best Candidate:
- Efficient user of Microsoft Office tools;
- SharePoint knowledge, preferably 2010 or later;
- Knowledge of Adobe creative tools, such as Illustrator, InDesign, and Premier;
- HTML skills and web-design knowledge is an advantage;
- Experience with social media for developing marketing and promoting strategies.
Competencies and Attributes of Best Candidate:
- Demonstrating corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
- Goal oriented mind-set;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
Pre-requisite for candidate (to be shown in CV)
- You must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are currently in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree; or
- ..you are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- ..you have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies
…in the field of Communications, Media, Marketing or equivalent;
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage;
- Knowledge and a proficient user of SharePoint and Adobe Creative tools is an advantage.
- UNDP internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship; however, you will gain valuable insight into UNDP and a global network;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- You are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for your education programme;
- Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in Denmark;
- The intern will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation etc.
Application deadline is 7th September 2018, midnight (CET). Please state in the questions section your starting date (07 Jan 2019/ 04 Feb 2019/I am flexible).
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and called for interview following the deadline. If you have any questions, please write to us via email address email@example.com.