- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
|Location :||Tehran, IRAN|
|Application Deadline :||30-Sep-18 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||Six weeks|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||Six months if extended|
Internship Application along with completed P11 (Personal History Form) and letter of motivation should directly be sent to Human Resources Unit of UNDP through email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 September 2018. Please make sure you will mention in the subject line of the email “Admin/Travel Intern - UNDP”.
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
UNDP is working to strengthen new frameworks for development, disaster risk reduction and climate change. We support countries' efforts to achieve the new Sustainable Development Goals, which will guide global development priorities through 2030. The key 2030 Agenda principle of leaving no one behind and stamping out inequality is at the core of everything we do.
UNDP focuses on helping countries build and share solutions in three main areas:
Duties and Responsibilities
1- Assisting Procurement section in organizing procurement processes for UNDP CO:
• Assist the Procurement team in proper organization, implementation, monitoring and control of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations, and in accordance with the annual workplan, budgets, and procurement plan of the Global Fund projects;
• Review specifications, terms of references, and statement of work provided by the project implementing units to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with quality standards and objectives of the project; and to implement the procurement of goods, works and services, including the negotiation and awarding of contracts, in accordance with UNDP rules and regulation and the norms and procedures established in the Grant agreements, project documents, procurement plans and work plans;
• Assisting in control of CO as well as project Assets;
• Perform any other duties are required.
2- Assisting Travel section in providing travel services, administrative and logistical support;
• Provision of information to the staff on travel including travel route and hotel arrangement;
• Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations;
• Support to staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents in accordance with requirements of the United Nations and national government;
• Assisting the team in receipt of shipments and customs clearance processes;
• Perform any other duties as required.
3- Administrative tasks:
• Assisting Admin/Procurement Unit in filing documents, typing, translating, faxing, copying, minutes taking;
• Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with CO SOP;
• Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources;
• Maintenance of files in Administrative Unit;
• Translating requested documents for any submission;
• Minutes taking in any related meeting;
• Support other/ad hoc activities as seen relevant and needed.
Required Skills and Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
Field of study: English language, Business Administration, Commercial Management, Engineering, Accounting, or equivalent.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.