- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Data Entry Consultant (2 positions) - Sri Lankan Nationals Only
|Location :||Colombo, SRI LANKA|
|Application Deadline :||04-Mar-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||126 working days - 6 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||6 months|
The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is mandated to promote and protect the enjoyment and full realization, by all people, of all rights established in the Charter of the United Nations and in international human rights laws and treaties. OHCHR is guided in its work by the mandate provided by the General Assembly in resolution 48/141, the Charter of the United Nations, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and subsequent human rights instruments, the Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action the 1993 World Conference on Human Rights, and the 2005 World Summit Outcome Document.
The project is in partnership with Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka which is mandated to protect and promote human rights in Sri Lanka.
This project aims at supporting the Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka to operationalize an electronic system to document in a streamlined manner information on human rights violations.
In light of the above, two database entry consultants will be hired to directly work with the Commission
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
Under the overall supervision of the Chairperson of the Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka, and the direct supervision of the relevant Human Rights Commissioner, Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka, the consultants will undertake the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Deliverables / Outputs - Review and approvals Required (Indicate designation of person who will review output and confirm acceptance
1) Review relevant information and categorize them - Human Rights Commissioner, HRCSL; Senior Human Rights Advisor, UN Sri Lanka;
2) Completion of conducting research using a list of secondary sources;20% completion of data entry - Human Rights Commissioner, HRCSL; Senior Human Rights Advisor, UN Sri Lanka;
3) 40% completion of data entry - Human Rights Commissioner, HRCSL; Senior Human Rights Advisor, UN Sri Lanka;
4) 60% completion of data entry - Human Rights Commissioner, HRCSL; Senior Human Rights Advisor, UN Sri Lanka;
5) 100% of completion of data entry - Human Rights Commissioner, HRCSL; Senior Human Rights Advisor, UN Sri Lanka;
6) Support knowledge building and sharing processes by documenting lessons learnt, best practices, processes and challenges; preparation of reports when required - Human Rights Commissioner, HRCSL; Senior Human Rights Advisor, UN Sri Lanka.
The envisaged time frame of the consultancy is a total of 126 days for a period of 6 months between 11 March 2019 to 31 September 2019.
The Consultant Profile
The consultants should have excellent knowledge of databases, data entry systems and familiarity with excel spreadsheets. They should have experience in both qualitative and quantitative research and substantive knowledge in law and human rights.
Required Skills and Experience
HOW TO APPLY
The application should contain:
All Inclusive Lump Sum Fee: Daily rate ______________________
Amount in words: ___________________
a. The daily professional fee;
b. The cost of travel from the home base to the duty station and vice versa, where required;
c. Living allowances needed at the duty station (if relevant);
d. Communications, utilities and consumables;
e. Life, health and any other insurance;
f. Risks and inconveniences related to work under hardship and hazardous conditions (e.g., personal security needs, etc.), when applicable;
g. Any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services under the contract.
PAYMENT OF SERVICES
1) Payments will be based on the daily rate quoted by the consultant upon receipt of the invoice and approval by the technical supervisor/ the Commissioner of the HRC;
2) Under the daily fee approach, the financial proposal specifies a single daily fee. UNDP makes payments based on the actual number of days worked. Payments must be supported by a duly completed time sheet approved by the technical supervisor/ the Commissioner of the HRC;
3) Monitoring actual days of work of the individual, the IC Timesheet template will be used;
4) Payments will be limited only to the days when actual work for UNDP was done. Travel times to join the duty station are not included, even if the contract is signed prior to travel.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.