- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Re-Advertised: Programme Associate
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Istanbul, TURKEY|
|Application Deadline :||02-Apr-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||GS-7|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||1 year with possibility of extension|
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to ECA RO Porgramme Specilaist, the Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he contributes to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the RO and UN Women HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide advanced administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
· Provide advanced administrative support and inputs in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
· Provide technical guidance to the country offices and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
· Coordinate the collection of information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
· Provide all necessary support to organize and follow-up on programme/project appraisal and review committees;
· Contribute to the development or update of standard operating procedures, guidelines, checklists, templates and business processes in programme and project management;
· Review programme data from programmes/ projects for the RO website;
· Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
2. Provide advanced administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
· Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
· Monitor budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; prepare periodic reports; finalize FACE forms;
· Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
· Maintain internal expenditures control system; post transactions in Atlas;
· Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
· Assist with processing contract requests (Individual Contracts/SSAs, institutional contracts, contract for professional services, LTAs, etc.)
· Obtain all supporting documentation needed for contracts filing
· Support preparartion of documentationfor month-end, mid-year and year-end checklists and dashboards.
· Prepare and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
3. Provide advanced administrative support to the Programme Unit
· Oversee all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
· Oversee travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
· Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
· Liaise with high level officials on administrative issues;
· Prepare and assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations; contribute inputs to the materials;
· Support ECA RO Programme Specialists to prepare and deliver trainings to the project staff and to provide further guidance as needed.
4. Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
· Follow up on contributions within the PPOs/ COs/RO resource mobilization efforts;
· Organize, compile and process information from donors, PPOs/ COs/RO, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
5. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
· Support ECA RO to create knowledge management system by providing necessary assistance (organizing meetings, drafting preparatory documents, etc.)
· Support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
· Coordinate the organization of trainings and other capacity development actions for the ECA staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators:
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
· Completion of secondary education required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
· At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
· Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
· Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
· Experience in supporting a team.
· Fluency in English and Turkey required.
· Working knowledge in another official UN language (in particular Russian) is an asset.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.