- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Adviser, Partnership Consultant
|Location :||New York, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA|
|Application Deadline :||26-Apr-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||Up to 1 year, starting 1 June 2019|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||Up to 1 year|
The UNOSSC, hosted by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), is responsible for supporting intergovernmental political process in South-South and triangular cooperation and mainstreaming South-South and triangular cooperation across the UN system and assisting developing countries in strengthening their capacities to manage, design and implement South-South and triangular cooperation policies and initiatives through the identification, sharing, and transfer of successful Southern generated-development solutions.
The UNOSSC also supports Member States and other stakeholders in cultivating, building and consolidating strategic partnerships that are critical for advancing South-South and triangular cooperation for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and other Internationally Agreed Sustainable Development Goals.
UNOSSC supports the United Nations development system and its partners at global, regional and national levels, to raise awareness and enhance South-South and triangular cooperation through: monitoring progress in South-South cooperation globally; supporting dialogue among Southern countries; coordinating focal point networks; coordinating an inter-agency mechanism on South-South cooperation; providing advisory services to Member States; and supporting training programmes.
With the growing importance of South-South and triangular cooperation in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development era, there is a need to increase the UNOSSC’s ability to support the development, the nurturing and the management of partnerships and action in line with policy guidance emanating from the General Assembly and the High Level Committee on South-South Cooperation (HLC) for which UNOSSC acts as the Secretariat.
UNOSSC engages in multi-stakeholder partnerships to galvanize South-South and triangular collective action with diversity of actors in support of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and related international agreements. Multi-stakeholders’ engagement should be linked to the policy and partnerships mandate of the UNOSSC and its contribution to the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals, leveraging the UN system’s institutional, substantive, human and financial resources and UNDP’s related policies and procedures for its implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Director for Policy and Strategic Partnerships, the Advisor on Partnerships will perform the following tasks:
Key Deliverables include:
1. Advisory service provided on partnership with different governments and relevant partners dealing with South-South and triangular cooperation as well as UN and non-UN institutions and entities. The consultant is expected to be responsive in providing advisory service within an agreed timeframe.
2. Innovative new partnerships identified and initiated, built, and integrated further into the work of UNOSSC. The consultant, during the one-year contract term may need to test and formalize at least 3 new partnership opportunities.
3. Advisory service provided on UNOSSC’s partnerships with various national, regional and global stakeholders, leading to diversified partnership portfolio of UNOSSC. The consultant is expected to be responsive in providing advisory service with planned timeframe and quality.
4. Contributed to the work on drafting and rolling out the UNOSSC’s strategy for regional networking, consolidating Memoranda of Cooperation between the Office and the relevant regional intergovernmental and financial institutions, including the Economic Cooperation Organization and the Islamic Development Bank.
5. Partnership between the Department of Economic Affairs of the General Secretariat of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and the UNOSSC facilitated and operationalized for joint activities in support of sustainable development efforts.
6. Advise and facilitate to the successful launch of the partnership between the Commonwealth Secretariat and the UNOSSC for following indicators: strengthened capacity of Commonwealth Members to engage in South-South and triangular cooperation in support of regional integration and the promotion of the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals; successful knowledge sharing during high-level policy debates; and concrete technical exchanges that strengthen institutional partnerships through South-South and triangular cooperation.
7. Partnership between the Colombian Presidential Agency of International Cooperation (APC) and the UNOSSC successfully implemented with the following performance indicators: strengthened capacity of APC and partners to enhance and diversify their South-South and triangular cooperation activities through promoting and establishing strategic alliances with the relevant international organizations and agencies in order to implement, promote, and articulate South-South cooperation in the related spheres; sharing of experiences among partners; and development of a full-fledged ACP cooperation agenda with local, national and international actors and other stakeholders within and outside the country.
8. Advise and facilitate the successful organization and engagement with various partners during intergovernmental processes and forums, including the High-Level Committee on South-South Cooperation and the Director-Generals Forum.
The specific plan of deliverables, timelines as well as performance indicators will be developed monthly and agreed between manager and consultant.
Duration of work / Contracting Arrangements:
Payments to individual contractor will be made based on the actual number of days worked, subject to deliverables accepted and upon certification of satisfactory delivery of services by the UNOSSC manager.
Learning and people development:
Knowledge Management and Learning:
Required Skills and Experience
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Application is a two-step process:
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via this website. The application should contain the TWO following documents, ALL IN ONE FILE:
After review of applications, technically qualified candidates will be contacted by UNDP and requested to submit a Financial Proposal.
Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments:
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials
Please send your request for?clarifications?to email@example.com before?18 April 2019. UNDP will respond via e-mail and publish the clarifications without identifying the source of inquiry at the following sites:
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process
Criteria for Selection of The Best Offer
The selection of the best offer from the shortlisted candidates will be based on a Combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and experience will be weighted a maximum of 700 points and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a maximum of 300 points out of 1000 points.
Method: Cumulative analysis method will be used to evaluate proposals.
Technical Criteria weight: 70%
Financial Criteria weight: 30%
Technical Evaluation (700 points, Weight 70%)
All applicants will be initially screened against the minimum qualification requirements as specified above.
Only those applicants who meet the minimum level of education (Masters or equivalent), relevant years of experience requirements (7 years minimum) and minimum languages requirements (English) will be longlisted and considered for the technical evaluation against the following criteria:
DESK REVIEW OF TECHNICAL CRITERIA AS EVIDENT IN THE SUBMITTED APPLICATION:
The maximum points that can be achieved in the desk review is 400 points.
Only those applicants obtaining a minimum of 280 points (70% of points obtainable in the desk review) will be considered for an interview.
The total obtainable score on the interview is 300 points bringing the total points for the technical evaluation to a maximum of 700 points.
Candidates obtaining less than 210 points during the interview (70% of points obtainable during the interview) will be disqualified.
Only those candidates who obtain a total technical score of 490 points (70% of total technical score) and above on the technical evaluation will be considered for financial evaluation and will be asked to submit a financial proposal.
Financial evaluation (300 points, Weight 30%)
The following formula will be used to evaluate financial proposal:
p = y (µ/z),
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
y = maximum number of points for the financial proposal
µ = price of the lowest priced proposal
z = price of the proposal being evaluated
|Click here for important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders).|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.