- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
International Consultant- Midterm Review and Revision of the Mozambique Country Office Strategic Note (2016 – 2020)
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Maputo, MOZAMBIQUE|
|Application Deadline :||10-Jun-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English Portuguese|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||3 Months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
· The consultants will work under guidance of the Programme Specialist and report directly and in a close collaboration and coordination with the CO M&E officer;
· Conduct a Desk Review of key documents relevant to the work of the CO such as: 2016-2020 SN and AWPs, 2016,2017 and 2018 Annual Reports; Select recent studies related to Gender Equality and Women’s’ Empowerment in Mozambique and the region, National Gender Policy; UN Women Strategic Plan (2018 - 2021), and the related theories of Change for the different thematic areas; UNDAF 2016 – 2020 framework and respective Reports, among others.
· Draft and finalize discussion papers that will guide the Mid-term Review meeting. These will include: a Positioning Paper; a Programmatic Performance Paper; a Partnerships Paper; a Normative and Advocacy Paper; a Coordination Paper; Programme and Operations; Learning and capacity; Communication and outreach;
· In collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation in the CO, the Consultant will analyze and present the results of staff and partners’ surveys at the midterm review meeting and will incorporate partners and staff feedback to reflect the results in the new strategic note;
· Facilitate of the strategic note- midterm review meeting;
· Produce of the report on the strategic note mid-term review;
· Draft and update strategic note, including DRF and OEEF, and reflecting the mid-term review findings for the rest of the cycle (2019-2020), especially within the context of humanitarian and recovery after the cyclones IDAI and Kenneth;
· To analyze and reflect on the progress of the programme implementation and the validity of UN-Women’s strategy in Mozambique;
· To check in on key management, such as availability of data and evidence to allow informed and credible analysis of performance, and the ‘evaluability’ of the programme;
· Formulate key recommendations to inform the new Strategic Note (2021-2025).
The consultants will work from home and in the UN Women office as per agreements made
Core values and Guiding principles:
· Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
· Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity:
· Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics and Values:
· Demonstrate and promote ethics and integrity by creating organizational precedents.
· Build support for the organization and ensure political acumen;
· Development and Innovation: Support staff competence development and contribute to an environment of creativity and innovation.
Work in teams:
· Build and promote effective teams;
· Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Communication and Information Sharing:
· Create and promote an environment for open and effective communication;
· Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication;
· Excellent oral and written skills;
· Listen actively and respond effectively.
Self-management and Emotional Intelligence:
Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
Fluency in written and oral English and Portuguese is essential.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.