- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Senior Advisor (Strategy and Programme Design)
|Application Deadline :||17-Jul-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||Initial 6 months and possible extension|
The Global Centre for Technology, Innovation and Sustainable Development (GCTISD) was announced as a new project of the Singapore Government and UNDP in late 2018. A small team is currently setting-up the programme and key partnerships with public and private sector partners in Singapore. Government partners include the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources (MEWR), the Public Service Division (PSD) and the Economic Development Board (EDB).
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Advisor will:
1) Support the Director and Partnerships Advisor in identifying and securing opportunities for strategic engagement with external and UNDP internal partners. Lead the follow-up and formalisation of such engagements in coordination with UNDP headquarters;
2) Advise the Director on the strategic engagements with the host Government, Country Offices, partner Governments, International Organisations and Development Banks, including the elaboration of funding/cooperation agreements, joint programming, claims processing and progress reporting;
3) Support and guide the supply and demand side scanning and sense-making exercises undertaking by Centre’s thematic leads, ensuring cross-fertilisation and systems thinking in view of developing an attractive activity portfolio.
4) Provide advice and support to the Director with regards to procurement of goods and services as well as the recruitment and management of consultants, secondees and interns;
5) Lead thought-leadership activities on emerging technologies and their adoption in developing countries by designing technology foresight activities and engaging relevant partners;
6) Prepare high-quality content for both internal and external knowledge sharing/communications, and though leadership products, related to innovation, technology and the SDGs;
7) Represent GCTISD at public events and in meetings, as requested by the Director;
8) Support other relevant functions as requested by Management.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
Ability to persuade others to follow.
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
Ability to get things done.
Required Skills and Experience
Documents to be included when submitting proposals:
Interested individual applicants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
How to Apply:
Forms and General terms & conditions to be downloaded:
Criteria for selection of the best offer:
The award of the contract will be made to the Individual Expert who has obtained the highest Combined Score and has accepted UNDP’s General Terms and Conditions. Only those applications which are responsive and compliant will be evaluated. The offers will be evaluated using the “Combined Scoring method” where:
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.