- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Environmental Statistics Specialist
|Location :||Kuwait City, KUWAIT|
|Application Deadline :||22-Feb-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Climate & Disaster Resilience|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 Months|
UNDP and the State of Kuwait, represented by the General Secretariat of the Supreme Council of Planning and Development (GSSCPD), strive to enhance institutional capacities at various government agencies by providing them with necessary technical support to strengthen their capacities and skills to perform their expected duties.
Under the framework of the Institutional Capacity Development for Implementation of the Kuwait National Development Plan (ICDI/KNDP) project, UNDP and GSSCPD attempt to support the Central Statistics Bureau (CSB) to create an enabling environment for KNDP results. The aim is to enhance institutional and human capacities of the CSB for evidence-based plans and policies on sustainable development.
Within this context, UNDP on behalf of the General Secretariat for the Supreme Council for Planning and Development, the CSB is seeking to recruit an Environmental Statistics Specialist to provide technical advisory services to the office of the Assistant Undersecretary of Statistical Works Sector at the Central Statistical Bureau of the State of Kuwait. The specialist will be simultaneously working with various departments and units within the Central Statistical Bureau. The Environmental Statistics Specialist will also focus on capacity building and transfer of knowledge to different units at the Central Statistical Bureau for guiding the restructuring process.
The main objective of this consultancy is to assess the status and quality of environmental statistics and the needs for their development at the national level to be consistent with the scope of the United Nations Statistical Commission's Environment Statistics Development Framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
2.Scope of Work
Summary of key functions:
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Undersecretary of Statistical Works at the CSB, and in
close coordination with the GSSCPD International Cooperation Department and UNDP project team, the Environmental Statistics Specialist will assume the following tasks:
1. Assist in the implementation of the United Nations Statistical Commission's Framework for the Development of Environment Statistics (FDES-2013), which identifies environmental and other data within its scope, which contributes to structuring and aggregating data into statistical series and indicators.
2. Develop a national framework that includes frameworks and mechanisms for auditing and controlling the quality of statistical environmental statistics and environmental-economic accounting, at the levels of collection, processing and dissemination of statistics.
3. Adopting a comprehensive program to raise human capacities in the field of environmental statistics and environmental-economic accounting.
4. Conducting technical workshops specialized in environmental statistics and indicators for the employees of the Central Administration of Statistics with the participation of the relevant authorities.
5. Assist in the construction of modern databases that monitor environmental statistics and indicators and environmental-economic accounting and meet current and future data requirements.
6. Assist in building automated systems for monitoring environmental data and indicators and link with the relevant authorities.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
Results-Based Programme Development and Management:
Required Skills and Experience
4.Requirements for Experience And Qualifications
I. Academic Qualifications:
II. Years of experience:
III. Language Requirements:
6. Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Institution and the duration and timeline of the deliverables are indicated in the below table:
7. Duration of the Work
8. Duty Station
9. Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments:
NO Option A -. Lowest price and technically compliant offer
YES Option B - Cumulative analysis
Total score=Technical Score + Financial Score.
Technical Criteria weight - 70%, 700 scores maximum
Financial Criteria weight - 30%. 300 scores maximum
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 490 from 700 points in the Technical part of evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation
The selection of candidates will be done in 3 stages
1st stage: Prior to detailed evaluation, all applications will be thoroughly screened against eligibility criteria (minimum qualification requirements) as set in the TOR in order to determine whether they are compliant/non-compliant.
2nd stage: Evaluation of technical proposals
Short-listed candidates will be evaluated based on the following criteria. Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 490 points (70%) at the Technical Evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
3rd stage: Financial evaluation
Cumulative analysis will be used based on the following methodology: All the offers of individual consultants who scored 490 (70% from 700) and more points during the desk review are acceptable for financial evaluation. The lowest financial qualified proposal receives 300 points and all the other technically qualified proposals receive points in inverse proportion per the formula:
p = y (µ/z), where
Candidate obtaining the highest combined scores in the combined score of Technical and Financial evaluation will be considered technically qualified and will be offered to enter into contract with UNDP.
10.Documents to be included when submitting the proposals:
Applicants are requested to compile and submit as one PDF file the below requested documents:
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.