- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Digital Support Consultant
|Location :||Bonn, GERMANY|
|Application Deadline :||21-Feb-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||214 days|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||214 days|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN SDG Action Campaign
The UN SDG Action Campaign is a special inter-agency initiative of the UN Secretary-General administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The UN SDG Action Campaign’s mission is to scale up, broaden and sustain the global movement of action for the SDGs.
The UN SDG Action Campaign’s strategy is based on three pillars:
Mobilize: activating the largest number of individuals and organizations to take action on SDGs through the Global Day to Act4SDGs, taking place on 25 September to mark the anniversary of the adoption of the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. This area of work includes strategic partnerships with key constituencies such as Local Governments, civil society organizations, parliamentarians and youth groups.
Inspire: leveraging art, music, festivals, new media, technologies to increase the visibility of SDGs change-makers and attract new partners via the: (a) UN SDG Action Awards; (b) SDG Global Festival of Action; (c) creative SDG content, visuals, branding & exhibitions, and new media SDG programs for individuals and partners.
Connect: connecting people’s perceptions and actions on the SDGs with decision makers in SDG planning and review processes at all levels via the MYWorld Global Survey, whilst bringing peoples’ perceptions and actions to the High-Level Political Forum and the UN General Assembly in partnership with UNDP, UN DESA, and UN/DP Countries Teams.
The UN SDG Action Campaign serves as a hub to inspire people’s action on the Sustainable Development Goals, connect and amplify stakeholder efforts, showcase impact, share best practices, incubate and test out innovative efforts around SDG action and advocacy whilst encouraging and make available SDG accountability mechanisms, including citizen-generated data.
The UN SDG Action Campaign is seeking to recruit a Digital Support Consultant reporting to the Director to assist in the development and maintenance of the digital assets and platforms of the Action Campaign.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
1. Provide end-to-end digital project management for SDG Action Awards:
2. Implementation support for internal systems managing team and partner collaboration including CRMs:
3. Documentation support for digital asset management and vendor management:
4. Provide technical support for digital ecosystem of the Global Festival of Action:
5. Project Management Support for Decade of Action and SDG Butterfly Wings web platform:
6. Manage maintenance and updates of SDG Action Zone, MYWorld360 and SDG Action Campaign websites:
7. Provide end-to-end support to deliver MYWorld customized sites and data uploads:
8. Act as a focal point for liaising with service providers for IT related issues:
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Deliverables/Outputs Estimated Duration to Complete (No. of days/months) Target due date Review and Approvals Required
1. Provide end-to-end digital project management for SDG Action Awards 29 days April 2020 Digital Strategist
2. Implementation support for internal systems managing team and partner collaboration including CRMs 22 days May 2020 Digital Strategist
3. Documentation support for digital asset management and vendor management 20 days June 2020 Digital Strategist
4. Provide technical support for digital ecosystem of the Global Festival of Action 22 days July 2020 Digital Strategist
5. Project Management Support for Decade of Action and SDG Butterfly Wings web platform 32 days August 2020 Digital Strategist
6. Manage maintenance and updates of SDG Action Zone, MYWorld360 and SDG Action Campaign websites 35 days October 2020 Digital Strategist
7. Provide end-to-end support to delivery MYWorld customized sites and data uploads 28 days November 2020 Digital Strategist
8. Act as a focal point for liaising with service providers for IT related issues 26 days December 2020 Digital Strategist
Deliverables Payment milestones
1 25 April 2020
2 30 May 2020
3 28 June 2020
4 25 July 2020
5 30 August 2020
6 18 October 2020
7 25 November 2020
8 31 December 2020
The UN SDG Action Campaign is seeking a Digital Support Consultant to support the digital assets and platforms of the UN SDG Action Campaign. The incumbent will be based of the office of the UN SDG Action Campaign in Bonn (Germany) and may also interact regularly with the UN SDG Action Campaign partners.
Duration of the Work
The duration of the assignment is from 9 March 2020 to 31 December 2020.
The duty station for this contract will be Bonn (Germany).
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications of the Successful Individual Contractor
Advanced degree in Information Systems or other related discipline.
First degree acceptable with an additional two years of work experience in relevant field.
Criteria for Selection of the Best Offer
All applicants will be screened against the qualifications and the competencies set above. Candidates fully meeting the requirements will be further evaluated based on the criteria below.
Technical Criteria – 70 % of total evaluation– max. 70 points:
CV review: 70 points:
Only those individual consultants who obtain at least 70% of points from the CV review will be considered for the financial proposal evaluation.
Financial Criteria – 30 % of total evaluation – max. 30 points.
Payments will be delivery-based according to the schedule of payments and upon submission of the Certification of Payment and obtaining approval of the Director of the UN SDG Action Campaign
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR FURTHER EVALUATION
Any queries should be sent in a separate e-mail and addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking 94438_Digital Support Consultant in the subject line
How to Submit the Application:
To submit your application online, please follow the steps below: