- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Photographer (1 position - retainer)
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Bangkok, Thailand with traveling as assigned by hiring unit|
|Application Deadline :||20-Feb-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||From 26 Feb 2020 – 25 Feb 2021 (Max. 60 days)|
Grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, UN Women works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates the efforts of the United Nations system to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. UN Women provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
Women’s economic empowerment is one of the strategic priorities for UN Women in the Asia-Pacific region. Many international commitments support women’s economic empowerment, including the Beijing Platform for Action, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women and a series of International Labour Organization conventions on gender equality. UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) supports women’s economic empowerment in line with these normative frameworks.
UN Women in partnership with the European Commission is implementing the regional programme, “Promoting Economic Empowerment of Women at Work in Asia” (WeEmpowerAsia) to contribute to the economic empowerment of women, recognizing them as beneficiaries and partners of growth and development, by increasing commitment of private companies to promote gender equality and women´s empowerment through the implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs). One critical area of work focuses on enhancing the capacity of private sector companies to implement the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) by promoting decent work opportunities for women and integrating a gender perspective in the business environment and practices. The programme ultimately contributes to the achievement of gender equality through enabling women’s labour force participation, entrepreneurship, economic empowerment and thus their full and equal participation in society.
In this context, UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific will hire 1 photographer for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will work under the supervision of the Regional Programme Manager, WeEmpowerAsia. He/She will collaboratively work with hiring unit and Communications focal points on development of photo bank, regional Flickr account and the UN Women Digital Assets Management System (DAMS) including execution of the concept through production. The consultant will work with UN Women, when required, to visit project sites and provide professional photographic coverage in digital format. The consultant will work closely with UN Women to perform following tasks:
Final products and deliverables
The consultant must deliver photos of key events and/or side events as assigned by UN Women as soon as the event finished. The photos must be catalogued in the platforms given access by UN Women. The photos must be maintained in archiving systems. The consultant must be made available for further development of multimedia projects.
Specific requirement for photo submission:
1. The Consultant represents and warrants that he/she has not, and undertakes that he/she shall not, infringe any third-party intellectual property rights in performing any activities pursuant to the Contract. The Consultant represents and warrants that that he/she shall perform the activities pursuant to the UN Women Photo Policy and Guidelines including obtaining written consent when required, including from survivors of violence and from the legal guardian/s of children under 18 years of age (mandatory use of UN Women consent form within the UN Women Photo Policy and Guidelines.
2. The Consultant shall indemnify, hold and save harmless, and defend, at its own expense, UN Women, its officials, employees, consultants, agents or other representatives from and against all suits, claims, demands, and liability of any nature or kind, including their costs and expenses arising out the Consultant's violations of the representations and warranties above.
3. The indemnity set forth, above, shall not apply to:
4. UN Women shall advise the Consultant about any such suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses or liability within a reasonable period of time after having received actual notice thereof. The Consultant shall have sole control of the defense of any such suit, proceeding, claim or demand and of all negotiations in connection with the settlement or compromise thereof, except with respect to the assertion or defense of the privileges and immunities of UN Women or any matter relating thereto, for which only UN Women itself is authorized to assert and maintain. UN Women shall have the right, at its own expense, to be represented in any such suit, proceeding, claim or demand by independent counsel of its own choosing.
5. In the event the use by UN Women of any Deliverables provided to UN Women by the Consultant, in whole or in part, in any suit or proceeding, is for any reason enjoined, temporarily or permanently, or is found to infringe any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, or in the event of a settlement, is enjoined, limited or otherwise interfered with, then the Consultant, at its sole cost and expense, shall, promptly, either:
6. UN Women confirms that the whole of the copyright present, future or contingent whatsoever and all other right, title and interest in and to the Deliverables shall be vested in the Consultant throughout the world in accordance with all applicable copyright laws. The Consultant further acknowledges and agrees that UN Women shall have the unconditional non-exclusive and perpetual right to make use of the Deliverables including but not limited to the entire take of all photographs from the Assignment in such manner as UN Women shall in its sole discretion think fit including without limitation the right to include the Deliverables on its own website and/or in any other public relations materials used to promote UN Women. UN Women may re-edit the Deliverables or any part thereof as convenient for its own exploitation of the Deliverables in any medium. UN Women may provide the Deliverables to other UN agencies and the media at no cost and may apply a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-NoDeriv 2.0 Generic license to the Deliverables.
7. The provisions of this section 9 of the Terms of Reference shall supersede any inconsistent terms in the Contract for Consultant including the Conditions of Service for Consultants.
Key duties and responsibilities:
UN Women will provide the following support to the consultant:
Duration of Assignment and Duty Station
The time required for the consultancy is estimated at 60 working days within the period from 26 Feb 2020 – 25 Feb 2021. For upcountry or oversea assignments, UN Women will be responsible for the accommodation and travel expenses if any cost incurred during assigned period. The consultant will be engaged under a retainer contract, which facilitate direct engagement of the consultant depending on need and availability within the contract period for a pre-agreed fee.
Schedule of Payments
Payment in full upon final submission and satisfactory deliverables of each event.UN Women does not warrant that the maximum of 60 days will be purchased). The service will be purchased during the term of Agreement.
Required Skills and Experience
Applications will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis.
A two-stage procedure is utilised in evaluating the applications, with evaluation of the technical application being completed prior to any price proposal being compared. Only the price proposal of the candidates who passed the minimum technical score of 70% of the obtainable score of 100 points in the technical qualification evaluation will be evaluated.
Technical qualification evaluation criteria:
The total number of points allocated for the technical qualification component is 100. The technical qualification of the individual is evaluated based on following technical qualification evaluation criteria:
Financial/Price Proposal evaluation:
Submission of application
Interest candidates are encouraged to submit electronic application to Nutnita.firstname.lastname@example.org , not later than 20 Feb 2020, COB.
Submission package includes:
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.