- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Home-based / Office space in UN City, Copenhagen, DENMARK|
|Application Deadline :||12-Jun-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Management|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||88 working days between 17 August 2020 and 20 December 2020|
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; women’s empowerment; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women is leading and coordinating the United Nations System to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It is providing strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with the private sector, civil society, government and other relevant actors.
With 10 years to go to the end date of gender inequality in 2030, UN Women is calling for enhanced and sustained actions to deliver on our collective global commitments on gender equality and women’s empowerment as they are reflected across the Sustainable Development Goals including in SDG 5 and in the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action which celebrates 25 years in 2020. To this end, UN Women established the Generation Equality Campaign and together with key partners mobilizes - through Action Coalitions across six, urgent key topics - UN Member States, private sector companies, foundations and civil society for accelerated action.?
Under the leadership of the Director of the Nordic Liaison Office, UN Women is looking to recruit a consultant to continue to build on established relationships with the private sector in the Nordic countries for deepened collaboration and accelerated action on gender equality in the context of Generation Equality and UN Women initiatives as well for longer-term engagement across UN Women’s portfolio. ?
Several initiatives are ongoing and need to be further developed and expanded. Current relationships need?to be translated into concrete actions and aligned with Generation Equality Action Coalitions; new relationships need to be established in additional geographic locations; the Unstereotype Alliance Nordic Chapter needs to be materialised; and concrete ways forward on gender responses in UEFA 2021 needs to be established and put into practice.?
Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose and Objective of the Consultancy
The consultant will facilitate the strengthening of these relationships, and contribute to the development of enhanced collaboration with identified partners as well as to suggest, develop and implement strategies for further collaboration, including expanding private sector participation in UN Women initiatives such as the Women’s Empowerment Principles and the Unstereotype Alliance.
The objective of the consultancy is fourfold: (i) to strengthen established partnerships and coalitions with the Nordic private sector, both by assessing their current status and identify ways to further engage across UN Women operations both at global and national level, with particular attention to engagement in Generation Equality Action Coalitions and UN Women initiatives; (ii) to build and maintain partnerships with the Baltic Private Sector with particular attention to engagement in Generation Equality Action Coalitions and UN Women initiatives; (iii) to support the establishment of a Nordic chapter for the Unstereotype Alliance and mobilize Nordic advertisers in the Unstereotype Alliance; and (iv) to build on the MOU between UN Women and FIFA to engage with UEFA in the preparations and implementation of EURO2021 to promote women’s empowerment and gender equality in sports.
The consultant will be home-based and/or work in the UN City in Copenhagen.
Scope of Work and Responsibilities
Strengthen partnerships with the Nordic private sector
Establish and strengthen partnerships with the Baltic private sector
6. Continue mapping of prospective partners in the Baltic Private sector with the purpose of identifying relevant partners and develop proposals for collaboration with identified partners, with a particular focus on Action Coalition 5 on Innovation and Technology for Gender Equality and prepare tailor-made documents for meetings with each stakeholder related to a relevant business proposition and partnership models, including background research, development of strategy and approach, and liaise with relevant units in UN Women on shared value of stakeholder partnerships.
Mobilize Nordic advertisers and partners for the Nordic Unstereotype Alliance chapter.
7. Continue work begun in Spring 2020 on expanding engagement of Nordic partners and advertisers in Unstereotype Alliance, including:
Engage with UEFA to promote attention to gender equality and women’s empowerment in the preparations and implementation of EURO 2021
8. Continue work begun during Q1 and Q2 2020 on identifying key opportunities for engagement, including:
The consultant is expected to deliver the following outputs:?
Strengthen partnerships with the Nordic private sector (50 days)
2. The process to establish a Danish National Committee supported, including review of EOI and RFP (8 days).
3. Discussions from Q1 and Q2 2020 with three relevant stakeholders in Denmark on potential collaboration on AI and gender followed-up on, additional meetings for partnership discussions conducted, and relevant background research conducted, and way forward designed in writing (15 days)
4. Ongoing private sector engagements brought forward with an identified and agreed to workplan between the parties:
5. Conduct 3 webinars on WEPs engagement in collaboration with partners in Denmark, including background research on relevant industry sectors to target, drafting of concept notes, logistical preparations, follow-up with participants, and liaising with relevant UN Women colleagues (6 days).
Establish and strengthen partnerships with the Baltic private sector (10 days)
6. Building on results of mapping of Baltic Private Sector completed during Q1 and Q2 2020 and begin dialogues with potential partners, with the aim to promote collaboration under Action Coalition 5 on Innovation and Technology for Gender Equality. Meetings conducted to promote the value of partnership, relevant background research and strategy documents prepared, outcomes summarised, and relevant way forward identified (10 days).
Mobilize Nordic advertisers and partners for the Nordic Unstereotype Alliance chapter (10 days)
7. Stakeholders for engagement in the Unstereotype Alliance identified, meetings conducted with the purpose of mobilizing Nordic partners in the initiative including relevant background research conducted, approach with largest shared value identified, outcome summarised, and way forward identified (10 days).
Engage with UEFA in the preparations and implementation of EURO 2021 (15 days)
8. Collaboration between UN Women and governing sports bodies established for UEFA 2021, relevant background research conducted, largest shared value for engagement identified, meetings conducted, outcomes summarised, and way forward identified (15 days).
Required Skills and Experience
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.