- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Individual Consultant – Area Co-Ordinator (35 Posts)
|Location :||Almora, Bageshwar, Chamoli, Champawat, Dehradun, Pauri, Pithoragarh,Rudraprayag, Tehri, Uttarkashi - Uttarakhand, INDIA|
|Application Deadline :||10-Aug-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||One Year (extendable) based on performance|
The Government of Uttarakhand has to reduce poverty by building strong institutions of the poor particularly the women under the DAY-NRLM (Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission) the flagship program of Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. The current Technical Support project to the Department of Rural Development, Government of Uttarakhand is conceived to provide Sustainable Livelihood Approach with a focus on securing adequate and decent livelihoods that contribute to the wellbeing of people not only through income generation but also by creating strong coping mechanisms that mitigate the vulnerabilities that the poor face. The programme consists of a comprehensive set of capacity building initiatives to strengthen the community institutions, coupled with a range of support services to ensure the viability of the economic activities undertaken by the Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and their federations to include access to credit and financial services, business incubation and productivity enhancement services, business and financial management skills, livelihood or enterprise support, market linkage, etc. The state governments are mandated to set up dedicated Mission Management Units at the state, district and village/community level for the effective implementation of the NRLM scheme.
In order to operationalize NRLM Project in Uttarakhand, UNDP is supporting Uttarakhand State Rural Livelihood mission by providing trained human resource and currently in the process of recruiting Area Co-Ordinator to support the nodal agency (State Government) in effective implementation of the Programme. The Area Co-Ordinator would be placed with the CEO State Rural Livelihoods Mission in the block.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions: The key results have an impact on the success of country programme within specific areas of cooperation. In particular, on poor and marginalized sections of the community and help in reducing poverty.
The position is located in one of the blocks of the Uttarakhand allocated by the CEO, USRLM and the incumbent will be required to travel extensively in and outside the block
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Should have exposure to social mobilization processes. tools and techniques.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
Excellent analytical skills particularly with social processes.
· Good communication and drafting skills
Management and Leadership
· Ability to work in a team and train staff on the job on social mobilization tools
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
· Demonstrated willingness to work on poverty issues and the affected community
· Suitable orientation to work with the deprived sections in the rural areas, vulnerability livelihoods
· Should be self-driven and motivated for social change.
Required Skills and Experience
· Graduate or Diploma in forestry, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Social Science, Social Work, Rural Development, preferably from reputed College.
· Minimum One year of experience preferably of working with Institution Building Farm and Non- Farm Livelihood sector.
· Proficiency in Hindi & English-both speaking and writing
· Proficiency in computer skills
Duration of the Work:
· The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Government and USRLM policy.
Schedule of Payments:
Consolidated Annual Consultancy Fee (Remuneration) of Rs. 277,776/- (@Rs. 23,148 Per month) Payable in equal monthly installment, upon submission of monthly progress report certified by the reporting officer.
· Contract will be administered by UNDP on behalf of the State Government of Uttarakhand;
· The consultant would report to BMM/BDO/DTE/DMM/State Team, USRLM
· All the logistic support related official travel will be borne by the USRLM as per their prevailing rules;
· Consultant will be entitled for 2 days leave per month (non-encashable).
· Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number, address) of the Candidate.
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
Evaluation and ranking will be done based on the following criteria:
Step 1: Short listing would be done based on the following criteria:
Note - Please ensure that all the documents to be uploaded should be combined in a single PDF file before uploading as the system has provision of uploading only one document.
General Conditions for Individual Contract-
For any clarifications, please write to: email@example.com
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.