- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
International Consultant-Content Editor
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Homebased, BANGLADESH|
|Application Deadline :||17-Oct-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||08 working days spread over two months (Nov-Dec)|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, UN Women works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality for women, men, and persons of diverse gender identities as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women and UN Environment Programme, with the support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) are implementing the project “EmPower – Women for Climate Resilient Societies”. The project is being implemented in Bangladesh, Cambodia, and Viet Nam and at the regional level in Asia and the Pacific. The project duration is April 2018 to December 2022. It envisions women and marginalized groups in Asia and the Pacific becoming more resilient to the adverse impacts of climate change and disasters. The proposed activities outlined in this Terms of Reference will be implemented as part of the EmPower Project.
Under EmPower project, Bangladesh country office conducted two studies namely “Stock taking of the projects to identify scopes to incorporate and address gender and DRR/ CCA aspects in government policies and programmes
The objective of this assignment is
- to thoroughly review these two reports, strengthen the analysis and overall content to make it more comprehensive and readers friendly.
- to provide editing and proofreading of the report including spelling, typography, grammar, improve phrasing and language, punctuation and use of language style for easier reading.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scop of works:
Key responsibilities include but not limited to review, edit, and finalize the below two reports
Key expected Deliverables:
This work can be done remotely and there is no need to travel.
Duration of Assignment:
Home based, and No Mission is required
Supervision and performance evaluation
International consultant will be in direct contact with Programme Specialist – DRR/CCA/HA, UN Women Bangladesh.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum Master’s degree on social sciences (i.e. gender studies, disaster management, climate change, sociology, demography, psychology, political science etc.), development studies, public policy, or international relations.
Experience and competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in the field of gender and climate change adaptation
- Strong analytical skills on the nexus between gender equality, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, and women empowerment
- Demonstrated track record of working with UN Women/ UN agencies on relevant areas: CC, DRR, gender, resilience
- Knowledge of the policy, programs, and frameworks of Bangladesh Government with regards climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction, and gender equality
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments
- Demonstrated experience in conducting and producing research papers and analytical reports
- Excellent writing skills
Excellent command of English.
Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
Consultant must send a financial proposal based on Lump Sum Amount. The total amount quoted shall be all-inclusive and include all
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
The award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant up on Cumulative Analysis/evaluation and determined as:
Criteria-04; Knowledge of the policy, programs, and frameworks of Bangladesh Government with regards climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction, and gender equality- Max Point 05
Criteria-05; Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments- Max Point 05
Criteria-06; Demonstrated experience in conducting and producing research papers and analytical reports- Max Point 05
Criteria-07; Excellent writing skills- Max Point 05
The total number of points allocated for the technical qualification component is 70. The technical qualification of the individual is evaluated based on following technical qualification evaluation criteria:
Only the candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% of total points (70) will be considered as technically-qualified candidate.
Interested candidates will submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications.
To be included as part of the proposal:
Only applications including all items mentioned above will be considered.
NOTE: Documents required before contract signing:
UN Personal History Form;
All applications must include (as an attachment) the CV and the financial proposal. Applications without financial proposal will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. “Personal History Form - P 11” can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employme
Note: The individual consultant who does not meet the above eligibility criteria shall not be considered for further evaluation. Necessary documentation must be submitted to substantiate the above eligibility criteria