- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
|Location :||Kingston, JAMAICA|
|Application Deadline :||04-Dec-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Democratic Governance and Peacebuilding|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||Six (6) months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||Six (6) months|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience
The intern must have studies in the field of communications, social marketing, international relations, social sciences or similar subject area at the university level and must meet one of the following requirements;
i. Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
ii. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
iii. Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Word and Excel spreadsheet in data management.
Good computer and research skills; expertise with video, photo and graphic design editing software and social media coordination would be a distinct asset
· Fluent in written and oral communication skills in English; competency in other UN languages is a strong asset.
· As of 1 January 2020, interns may be given a stipend according to UNDP Internship Policy (as the Administrative Agency for the RCO), if it is not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government foundation or scholarship programme. A stipend intended to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, such as meals and transportation at the duty station. The stipend will be paid on a monthly basis and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
· Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of the internship. The RCO accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship. Interns must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan.
· Interns are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for education programmes.
· The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
· Interns are not staff members and may not represent the RCO in any official capacity.
· The purpose of the internship is not to lead to further employment with the RCO, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
· The intern will be evaluated at the end of the contract.
The intern will be responsible for providing his or her own laptop. Internet access and printing facilities will be available at the Resident Coordinator Office during the internship.