- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
National Consultant: Rapid Review of Gender Monitoring Network
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Homebased, BANGLADESH|
|Application Deadline :||19-Jan-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||10 working days over a period of 2 months|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women- the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women- leads and coordinates United Nations System efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action. Placing women’s rights at the Centre of all its efforts, UN Women supports Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors. UN Women plays a pivotal role in mobilizing governments and civil societies to keep the promises including through landmark agreements such as the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) and Beijing Platform for Action , committed to making gender equality a lived reality for all women and girls who have historically been marginalized and who have waited long enough.
The goal of the assignment is to assess the needs of the organizations in Gender Monitoring network and to develop a plan to adapt GMN to the current needs of members in responding to COVID19 crisis and beyond to provide best support to women, girls, and gender diverse communities.
1. To develop an report based on a survey coupled with KIIs, and Consultations with the GMN organizations to capture their feedback on usefulness of GMN activities; current interests, existing needs and challenges, including on engaging with an online community; recording good practices that has been useful for GMN organizations, and what kind of online support e.g. capacity development, information, advocacy etc. they require to better respond to COVID19 crisis
2. Assess the interest of members to be part of online dialogue and consultations through GMN on broader gender equality and women’s empowerment policy implementation issues as well as the strategic plans and programmes of the UN and UN Women.
3. To develop an action plan based on the outcome of the assessment report that would identify strategic engagement plan with GMN.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of UN Women Country Representative and close supervision of the Coordination and Partnership Officer.
Duration of the assignment:
The assignment will commence on 20 January 2021 and be completed by 20 March 2021. Total duration of the work will be 10 days over a period of ca three months.
Supervision & Performance evaluation:
Consultant’s performance will be evaluated based on timeliness, responsibility, initiative, communication, accuracy, and quality of the products delivered. The National consultant will be in direct contact with Punna Islam, Coordination and Partnership Officer, UN Women Bangladesh
Duty Station: Dhaka
Payment Milestone Linked with deliverables:
• Respect for Diversity
• Communication – Facilitates and encourages open and effective communication.
• Inclusive Collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement – Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work effectively with stakeholders of different backgrounds
• Accountability – Takes ownership of all responsibilities and deliver outputs in accordance with agreed time, costs and quality standards.
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment,
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
• Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative research, reviews, mapping, and studies independently with strong gender analysis
• Strong skills and experiences in communicating and presenting ideas for training development
• Consistent approach of work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Demonstrates openness to ideas and ability to manage complexities of the situations.
Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences such as gender studies/ development studies/economics/sociology/ anthropology/ political science etc.
• Minimum 05 years of experience working with gender and development related organizations
• Demonstrated experience with analytic review and research work on gender equality.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as strong analytical aptitude, facilitation, communication and presentation skills in English and Bangla is a must.
• Previous work with UN
• Track records of working effectively within tight deadlines
Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as strong communication and presentation skills in English
Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
Consultant must send a financial proposal based on Lump Sum Amount. The total amount quoted shall be all-inclusive and include all
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
The award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant up on Cumulative Analysis/evaluation and determined as:
Criteria-04; Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as strong analytical aptitude, facilitation, communication and presentation skills in English an Bangla is a must.- Max Point 30
The total number of points allocated for the technical qualification component is 100. The technical qualification of the individual is evaluated based on following technical qualification evaluation criteria:
Only the candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% of total points (70) will be considered as technically-qualified candidate.
Interested candidates will submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications.
To be included as part of the proposal:
Only applications including all items mentioned above will be considered.
Note: The individual consultant who does not meet the above eligibility criteria shall not be considered for further evaluation. Necessary documentation must be submitted to substantiate the above eligibility criteria