- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
One UN Roster Administrative Assistant
|Location :||Gaza, PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES|
|Application Deadline :||08-Feb-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-3|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months with possible extension based on fund availability and performance|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UN Agencies active in Palestine (UN Country Team) requested the one UN HR group to establish a One UN Roster that is made of the most frequently required positions. The following 11 Generic Vacancy Announcements support the establishment of this One UN Roster. The Roster will be a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates, and it serves the purpose of fast-tracking recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the respective One UN Roster for a period of 24 months. While placement on the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is going to be an important resource for filling future vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement serves the purpose of creating a One UN Roster in Palestine. The Roster will be used to expedite the hiring of personnel whenever UNDP on request of an executing UN entity, or where UNDP itself needs personnel contracting services in the respective area.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement is exclusively intended for Administrative Assistant Service Contract positions at SB3 level in any UN entities operating in Palestine. The Administrative Assistant ensures effective and efficient functioning of the office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignments, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made. The One UN Roster is a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates intended to fast-track recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the Administrative Assistant SB3 One UN Roster. While placement in the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is an important resource for filling vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions (The functions are generic and therefore not inclusive of all duties nor are all duties carried out by all Administrative Assistants):
1. Supporting the effective and efficient functioning of the Office.
2. Providing financial, administrative, logistical, and secretarial assistance to the Office in the planning, organization and follow-up of the planned activities
3. Supporting travel management, procurement, facilities and asset management, HR management, policy and procedures maintenance
4. Facilitation of knowledge building and management.
1. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the office, focusing on achievements of the following results:
• Management of the office, ensuring an environment of professionalism and teamwork at all times:
• Efficient and discreet management of the schedules; of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with focal points;
• identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
2. Provision of administrative, logistical, and secretarial assistance focusing on achievements of the following results:
• Screening of all the incoming communications and coordination of the information flow in the office, dissemination of corporate and inter-office communication to staff as required;
• Draft routine correspondence, inter-office circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested
• Provide translations when required
• Operate a variety of office equipment such as photocopier, facsimile, printer, telex, and maintain supplies; produce photocopies of materials as required and collate pages when necessary;
• Organize meetings, appointments and workshops, as requested
• Receive telephone calls and office visitors and refer them to the appropriate source or reply personally to queries when possible;
• Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use automated filing system;
• Coordinate administrative issues with the programme unit as and when required
3. Support travel management, procurement, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance to meet operational needs, focusing on achievements of the following results:
• Providing assistance in implementing HR and Procurement services when required;
• Extract and input data from various sources in administrative, human resource, procurement, logistics and other corporate systems;
• Make travel arrangements ensuring compliance with corporate travel guidelines, request travel advances and prepare travel documentation as required;
• Provide staff service assistance, such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, inventory, etc;
• Provide assistance to facilities and asset management as required
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and information sharing focusing on achievements of the follows results:
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
• Continuous knowledge sharing and collecting best practices
• Turn raw information into useful and relevant knowledge, deepens knowledge of area of work
Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Operations: Office Administration
Operations: Operational Efficiency
People Management: Team Building
Knowledge Management: Knowledge Curation
Required Skills and Experience
Certification in administration is desirable.
Minimum 3 years relevant experience in administration or programme support.
Experience in handling of web-based management systems. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
Demonstrated inter-personal and communication skills, including drafting skills required.
Excellent organizational and coordination skills; ability to establish priorities and monitor own work plans; flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities.
Ability to work under pressure and to provide quality and timely support and services.
Strong service/client orientation.
Professional integrity and good sense of judgement.
Discretion, tact, diplomacy.
Accountability and result focus
Familiarity with UN administrative and financial regulations, rules and procedures would be an asset.
Fluency in both Arabic and English
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UNDP Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from
UNDP P11 form (new Personal History form) (google.com) Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UNDP P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.